Thursday, June 28, 2007

Summer Time

Yes it’s summmmmer....summer time is here...
Yes it’s summmmmer...my time of year...

After reading about Kip’s pool party, I had an incredible urge to play this song. (Which I did!) The song is by War and I think it was in a Publix commercial a few years back.

But back to summer. This is one of the reasons I hate working and wish to be independently wealthy. (If any rich geezers out there reading this want to put me in their will, feel free!) I really haven’t spent quality time with my pool like I have. Every weekend I’ve been on the go or cleaning. Being on the go isn’t really a bad thing. Cleaning is, but not being on the go. I’m hoping to get in some this weekend. But I’m on the go. And I’m cleaning. Sigh!

The Tampa Bay Storm made the playoffs. YAY! The playoff game is noon on Saturday. BOO! Right in the middle of prime sun time, what were they thinking? Then after the game? Well, that night the folks in the ‘hood are celebrating 4th of July. (As my friend Mike says we’re actually celebrating the 30th of June.) Eh, who cares, as long as there’s beer involved. The main reason we’re doing this is because Independence Day takes place on Wednesday. In the middle of the week. When everyone has to go back to work.

I’m actually not to upset about working the day after. We’re technically closed the 5th and 6th, due to the move. So, I can hop out of bed, throw a t-shirt on and run out the door. Boy, I’d like that everyday! And even though moving and packing are pretty much hard labor, it’s better than dealing with people sometimes, KWIM?

Back to the weekend, Sunday I’ll be cleaning up the aftermath from Saturday. And hopefully, fingers crossed, by Noon, I will be in the pool getting some sun! Hooray.

And the following weekend will also be jam-packed. My BFF Joelle will be here with the boys, also our other buddies, Tracey and Tom and I’m assuming their kids. Our other friend, Simo, is having her baby baptized on Saturday, with brunch afterwards. And then we’ll probably hang out in her pool and eat and play games and do all that college/high school reminiscing that we always do when we’re together. Which I love. The only downfall is missing out on hanging out with the Smoochie Girls. I’m still bummed about that.

Well, I guess I better pretend to go back to work. Have a fun, summery day!

3 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

Sounds like a busy week! At least have fun!

Kip said...

You're going to be one busy lady for awhile!!! Have fun!

eljay716 said...

dang lots of things happenin Mar.. have fun- we will miss you!