Monday, June 18, 2007

Are we having fun yet? Oh, boy, I am...

Yeah, I’m in a pissy mood today, in case you couldn’t tell. First off, Delta pretty much cancelled our flight to Phoenix and put us on a 4:00 flight instead. So that means a 4 hour layover in Atlanta. I guess that’s okay, I mean worse things could happen. But why the heck would they delete our seat assignments? OY! I tried calling Delta yesterday and was told that they were “under the control of the airport” whatever the heck that means. (I actually was talking to someone at lunch about this, and apparently that’s a famous AirTrans line as well!) So, I’ll try it again in a few days.

I’d been wanting the new Jennifer McGuire book that came out last week. Everyone on 2P’s has been raving about it. So, I run up to Michael’s in Carrollwood, since I had a coupon and everyone on 2P’s said, oh yeah, my Michael’s had it, and of course, they had nothing! They didn’t even have the newest Scrapbook Trends or Cards I could use my coupon on. I walked out of their empty handed. DH says to me “Why do you go in that store, every time you do, you just get upset?” Glutton for punishment, I guess. That store is just such a waste. Let me type it again... Michael’s, Carrollwood, Tampa sucks!! For anyone who’s googling! LOL!!

And to add insult to injury, I got bitchslapped via email by some woman who basically was mad that I sent something to her email address instead of her step-son’s, who had the info I needed. Now the lady could have just replied a week ago, hey, you got the wrong email address, but no, she had to go on this two page tirade about what a screw-up I was. I guess she’s mostly pissed because she and so-called step-son have been fighting over her dead husband’s money for two years, and I guess it’s not going her way. Well, so much for me bending over backwards for her, she just burned her bridge with me.

To top it all off, I started my diet today, and I had to make a derm. Appointment because some strange bump just showed up on my head, and I’ve had hot flashes all day to boot. Sigh, will it ever end?

Yesterday was Father’s day. We went to the hospital to see DH’s grandfather. They did a trach on him on Friday to help him breathe on his own and wean him off the respirator. He looked good, and the doctor was pleased with his progress. We then had lunch at Hardee’s and then dropped by FIL and Step-MIL to drop off his present and visit for a few minutes.

Holidays like Father’s Day aren’t my favorites. My bio-dad died about four years ago, and I never was close to him. He took off when we were little, he didn’t want the responsibility. We had a step-dad who was fairly nice to us, but my mother drove him away a little over 10 years ago. So he’s pretty much out of my life too. But I try not to dwell on things. I’m a believer in looking at what you have, rather than what you don’t have, you know?

Well, here’s to looking ahead at the week. I’m gonna try JoAnn’s tonite, and also drop off our underwater cameras at Wal-Mart. I keep forgetting them. Can’t wait to see the pics. Hopefully, too, I’ll start getting my stuff ready for the birthday crop this weekend. Can’t wait for that!!

5 comments:

:Jayne said...

My hubby says the same thing to me about Michael's also! I hope you find your book.

:Jayne

Michele L from Tampa said...

Oh yeah I dispise the one in Carrollwood! Was gonna go to the one in Brandon today but came home early ill! UGH

eljay716 said...

Oh Mary Mary Mary sounds like a day from hell for you. Jeez sorry about that. I will find that book for you! I am going to New Tampa tomorrow night so I will go to the decent Michaels out there. If it there it is so yours!

Kip said...

We'll all be in a good, festive mood this weekend!!

JulesinParadise said...

Hoping things get better soonest. Haven't booked my flight yet; guess I better get busy, huh?