Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hump Day!!

Ah, another day, another dollar.

Made the rounds in South Tampa last night. Had to go to Vinyl Fever and pick up something DH had ordered. It’s a nice store, but I hate shopping there. It reminds me that I’m not 20 and cool anymore, LOL! Actually, that’s not true; it’s a cool place really. It’s everything you’d expect an alternative record store to be. Patchouli scents throughout, lots of colorful posters, and loud music. It’s great and they have a good selection, if that’s your thing.

Afterwards, I had to stop next door at Castellano and Pizzo, a Tampa institution. Great sandwiches. They are remodeling (again) and their kitchen was closed, which was a bummer. DH and I were both craving Palamilla steaks. So, we got Cubans instead. There Cubans are very good. I also got the salad bar, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but did not make the trip through rush hour traffic.

St. Pete has a similar place, Mazzaro’s. They’ve got a great deli too, and a huge selection of stuff. I love to just wander in there. I need to make a lunch date there soon, because once we move to our new office space, we’ll be too far away.

I just found out QVC is doing easy pay on every item today. Hmmm...I think I see some more Bare Escentuals in my future. Need to talk to DH about that one, he owes me!

1 comment:

Michele L from Tampa said...

I love VF! Love places like that! Yes, I hate being older too!