Monday, June 11, 2007

I'm just a Broadway Baby....

Walking off my tired feet. Pounding Forty-Second Street To be in a show.

Caught the Tony Awards last nite. I think that's the only real awards show I watch. I love the theater. Always have. As a teenager, I dreamed of being on stage. I love going to shows whenever they are in town, but it's hard to find someone to go with. As you can imagine, it's not really DH's thing.

The big winner last nite was a musical called Spring Awakening. I"m not really sure what it's about. Something about coming of age in 1940's Germany. But the music was great! Really reminded me alot of "Rent" (which now I will have to listen to), and I'd love to see it if it goes on tour.

Jersey Boys, I think, is playing this summer at TBPAC, and I know alot of people want to see that. I'm not a big 4 Seasons/Frankie Vallie fan, so I'm not sure if I would enjoy it. But the boys who play in it sure are hot! I also know The Drowsy Chaperone is playing this year as well, not sure when. I'd like to see that one, because it looks interesting, something I would enjoy.

Speaking of hotness, Hugh Jackman is going to be in a new series this fall called Viva Laughlin. It also has Melanie Griffin and David Palmer's brother from 24. Looks really good, but cheesy too. I'll have to give it a shot.

And lastly, who saw the Sopranos last nite? What the hell kind of ending was that???? With the exception of Phil getting whacked and AJ's truck blowing up, the show really blew. (You're not supposed to park on leaves in an SUV? who knew?) But the rumor on the radio this morning is this maybe leading up to a feature film. But I thought for sure something would happen. Paulie and the kitty cracked me up, too.

Well, Happy Monday folks....

3 comments:

eljay716 said...

I will always go, just let me know and we will get tickets. I love the theater also. Been listening all morning to the reviews on the Sopranos. No one is thrilled from the sound of it.

Michele L from Tampa said...

Right there with ya babe!

Kip said...

I love the theater too!!!
The only funny thing was that cat..loved the expression on his face while looking at the picture!!