Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!!!

Hey, I did it!! For real! First off, I didn't mean to start this off so maudlin. But life happens that way sometimes. DH's grandfather, Sam, had open-heart surgery about two weeks ago, and he's suffered some complications. Today, a part of his colon had to be removed, as it was not getting any circulation. But he came through the surgery and now hopefully, we won't have any more complications, fingers crossed.

So, why blog now? Well, a long time ago one of my friends said they loved reading my emails. (ELLE!!!) I asked "why?". She said "oh, I just love the way you write, you just tell it like it is." I said, "well, I just write just like I talk, I guess. Like I'm having a conversation". So, of course, this just seemed like a natural progression. But time gets away from you, what, with 50 hour work weeks, two hour commutes, housework and all the other icky stuff that gets in the way. But here it is.

It's not too flashy. I only know how to do some basic things. But hopefully my friends (KIP!) can help me out.

Enjoy!!!! :)

I leave you with a picture. It's of DH and a statue of Big Black Dick. He's quite a local folklore hero in Grand Cayman and he even has a rum named after him. There are several of these statues all over town.

7 comments:

eljay716 said...

Yippee!! I am glad you are blogging. I will link you now. I think I would enjoy Big Black Dick.

Kip said...

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mary, Mary!!!!

Michele L from Tampa said...

Bout time! Yeah Mary is in da house lol. I had to read the sign a few times to make sure I was reading correctly what it said - wow yep. Remindes me of my Springer boyfriend lol

:Jayne said...

Welcome to blogging Mary!
I will try to link you also. Yep, I think I would enjoy a vist with Big Black Dick too!
LMAO!

:J

Michele L from Tampa said...

Sorry Mar part of my post cut off. My thoughts are with you and Same today (well always but especially more today) please keep us posted on his progress.! Cyber hugs!

JulesinParadise said...

Welcome to Blog World...I'll link you on my blog for sure!

Cheryl said...

I LOVE people that blog and tell it like it is. I do and have even written about my feelings on people that don't like what I say.

Welcome.

Cheryl
(Micheles sister)