Friday, June 8, 2007

Happy Friday Y'all!!

It's finally here. I have a packed weekend. I'm going to the expo and hook up with the girls to take Miss Jules out for her birthday. I hope she made it to the convention center okay. When I talked to her last nite, she was a little worried. I know that airport area, esp. now with all the construction, can be a little hairy. And I drive it every day!!!

The tomorrow nite, DH and I are going to the Storm game. Nyle Wiren, who lost his wife in childbirth a few weeks ago, returned to practice yesterday. My heart breaks for him and his child. His wife was only 34 when she bled to death after giving birth to their son. You can read more of their story here Let's hope for a big win for them tomorrow.

Sunday we were invited to a wine tasting party. Now, that's not really dh's thing (I'm not sure it's mine either). But our good friends are catering the food. Now Dawn and Mike are experts in the kitchen. I mean they really put us to shame. So, I"d hate missing out on that! We'll see.

Yesterday we got this picture in the mail.

It's DH's cousin's kids. Cute kids. I got this in a plain envelope, with no return address. Nothing inside the envelope. No little note, saying "Hey, aren't are kids cute?", nothing written on the back. We've never got a picture like this from them before, except for the obigatory Christmas picture. The picture (it's kinda small) says "Hugs and Kisses, Love," and then their names.

The top pose just strikes me well, as odd, as well. Cousin's wife Kim has become a bit on the evangelical side, over the last few years. Maybe she's trying to tell us something. Oh, yes, I'm going to hell for my evil ways. But, hey, I'm having fun while it lasts, right? Ah well!

I'll give you an update on the weekends events. Ta-ta for now!

PS Dee, if you're out there, yes, give Linda my CTMH order! :)

2 comments:

Denita said...

I will see you tomorrow won't I? I will bring it just in case ok?

Love ya, Dee

Mary B said...

Yes, yes, you will!!! Bring it.