Monday, December 31, 2007
Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I always make the same ones, but never seem to really keep them.
Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes.
Did anyone close to you die? No.
What countries did you visit? Jamaica and the Caymens
What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? more money and time!
What was your biggest achievement of the year? That I made it through work without killing anyone. (But wait, the day is not over yet).
What was your biggest failure? Not getting the rest of my house painted like I wanted to.
Did you suffer illness or injury?! I had my gall bladder removed.
What was the best thing you bought? My crop-a-dile. I use it all the time.
Whose behavior merited celebration? Diana
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Not sayin’, but there have been a few.
Where did most of your money go? Mortgage and insurance and property taxes
What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting ready for CE.
Compared to this time last year, are you: much happier, richer, nicer. I think I’m always happier and nicer, buy never richer, lol!
What do you wish you'd done more of? Gotten my crap together so I could crop more.
What was your favorite TV program? Grey's Anatomy
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hate is such a strong word. Serious dislike, yes
What was the best book you read this year? don't really read
What did you want and get? I can’t really think of anything, we didn’t make any major purchases this year. Just a new TV.
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 37, had sushi with friends, then went to dinner with DH.
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having more downtime to spend with friends and catch up on stuff.
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Cool and comfortable
What political issue stirred you the most? Probably Bhutto assasination
Who did you miss? Lots of people far away that I didn’t get to see this year
Who was the best new person (people) you met? Janet, Barb,and Gerri Anne
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Always trust your first instincts. They are always right.
Monday, December 17, 2007
But I wanted to share how truly blessed I am to have such a wonderful group of friends. Saturday nite with my girls was very special, and I had the best time ever.
BIG HUGE HONKIN' THANKS!!!! to my Stocking Pal, Teri. Girl, you outdid yourself. Everything was so awesome, I loved it all. Thank you so, so much, I don't think I could ever say that enough.
Then another big Thank You to Gene and Jules for letting us use your lovely home, and making us feel oh, so, welcome and cozy. You guys out did yourselves. You are special people.
Another Thank You to Kip for organizing this, and having to put up with so much. It was because of you this was such a huge success.
And one last Thank You to all of you, Linda, Elle, Diana, Michele...my friends...I'm so priviledged to know you and for you to let me be a part of your lives. You guys all rock!!!
I'll try and upload photos later in the week. I love you all!!!!!
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Here's some of my old Shiny Brites, like I promised Jayne:
Here's one of the Bells. In the back of it, you can see one of those pointy type ones. We had those in all colors, when we were kids.
This is the Merry Christmas one. It's hard to see with the pale blue.
Jayne, is this one like your blue one?
The one on the far left, I don't know if that's a shiny bright or not, but it is old.
And I'll leave you with these: I guess kitties really do love Christmas. Melody has her own little Santa pillow, and Ginger found his own place to sleep, too. Ahhhh...
Friday, December 14, 2007
2. If money were not an issue, where would you live? Here, just someplace closer to the beach.
3. What is the best advice you ever received? If it is to be, it is up to me.
4. What is your favorite time of day? 6:00, once I'm home and settled.
5. What is the best invention since sliced bread? MP3 Players
6. Not including family or friends, the top three things you're thankful for? My health, my kitties, that I have a job
7. If you had that mobile phone service, who would be your top five? DH, Joelle, Linda, Michele, Kip
8. What things need to happen for you to have a good day? To be off work!
9. What is your favorite every day outfit? shorts and a t-shirt and barefoot
10. When you are alone in the car, what do you do? Listen to the radio or XM
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Ford Explorer
12. What one person, whom you have never met, do you wish you could have lunch with? McDreamy (but, honey, it would be more than lunch)
13. What is the one part of your body that you like the most? my eyes
14. What song, when playing on the radio currently, is your favorite to hear? hmmm...I don't listen to much commercial radio, I'd say Crank That by Soulja Boy.
15.What is the one piece of advice that you wish you could give someone? Take a long, hard look in the mirror at yourself and quit shifting the blame. See things for the way they really are and make amends. You're losing an awful lot-is it worth it? (That's pretty darn good, right there, I'll keep it. )
16. What are you looking forward to right now? our Saturday stocking exchange with my good friends (That one too!)
17. What are the tv shows you watch every week and hate to miss? Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, Cane, ER
18. What is the dinner that you or your family eats once a week? Pizza
19. If you just won $100,000, what would you use the money for? Pay off our debts.
20. Name one random fact about you that you think most people do not know. WHat don't you know? I'm left handed.
Saturday, December 8, 2007
1. WHO WERE YOU NAMED AFTER? The Queen Mary and The Queen Elizabeth, the two ships my grandfather and his brother sailed on to Europe to fight in WWII
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Last night, watching Frosty the Snowman, when he melts.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Turkey
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? No
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Probably
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT? What do you think?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Oh yes- just missing a pesky gallbladder
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No freakin' way
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Fruity Pepples
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? No, but I must be to get where I am today.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Cookies and Cream
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? what they're wearing
15. RED OR PINK? pink
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOU? my big ole belly
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? grandma
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Yes
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? I just woke up, so none.
20. WHAT'S THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Bang Bang Shrimp and Calimari from Bonefish Grill
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Channel 8 news
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Lavendar
23. FAVORITE SMELLS? vanilla
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? DH
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Ummm yes very much.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? College Football, go Gators!
27. HAIR COLOR? Original dark brown. Now a little lighter
28. EYE COLOR? greenish-grayish-blue
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No, they freak me out.
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Seafood....I see food and I eat it. :P
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? happy endings
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The whole movie? I think it was Shop Around the Corner last Sunday.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Black
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, definitely
35. HUGS OR KISSES? I ’ll take both
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Anything with chocolate in it.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? ??
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? ??
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Not a book read
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Cat Chow. (and it's looking nappy, think it needs to go)
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Frosty the Snowman, Women's Murder Club, and Channel 13 news
42. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SOUND? music
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles, definately
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Cali
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? no, not really
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Cincinnati, Oh
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Everyones- I love reading these things.
We got the pathology report back on Melody, and it confirmed that it was carcinoma. The vet seems to think they've gotten it all out, but it could come back, so we need to keep an eye on her. I did some research, and the chances of it coming back are about 65%. But the fact that it was found early and it was small increase the odds. But if it does come back, the mortality rate is about 85%. So, we just take each day as it comes, and we'll cross that bridge when (IF!) we come to it.
My birthday present actually came early, it was supposed to arrive on the 28th, but it came right before Thanksgiving. And of course, I didn't want to wait to use it, so it's been out of the box since then.
Dh bought me some DVD's off my CD Universe wish list, so that's pretty cool. My list is pretty long, so I'm sure he had a hard time picking. He says he just did it kinda random though. That was fun.
My buds at work took me to lunch at our favorite Asian Sushi place downtown (Ratchada). It was so good. They also got me an itunes card which I did not expect. That was way cool!
For dinner, DH and I went to Leroy Selmon's and it was just okay. We ordered the Back Yard Nachos. In the past, they would bring out this plate of nachos that was about the size of your head. The order we had was a third that size. And you could tell they were using a cheese sauce, instead of real cheese. My fried chicken was great (dh said the same), but his ribs were a disappointment. He said they tasted like they were warmed over. And the food took forever!!! to come out. At least 30 minutes. We decided if we are going to go, go on a night that's busier, and the food won't be just sitting there for so long.
We had bad bbq at Pit Boss's on Little Road last Friday, too. It seems the quality of the food there has gone down hill. The ribs tasted baked, not smoked, the pork was dry and the corn had obviously been sitting too long. So, they are off the list. It seems these places are trying to cut corners on their meats, buying cheaper cuts, not wanting to pay the wood smoke them, I don't know what it is. Gas Prices? Recession? Who know? I guess we will stick with Shane's. (Or Lupton's of course, when we're in the neighborhood).
Oh, and then on my way to lunch I mentioned to my pal Fran that I wanted to make a Mazzaro's trip before Christmas. She asked me what I was looking for, and I said nothing in particular, just what ever looks good. I did say that I loved those chocolate covered rainbow cookies. Well, guess what Fran showed up with at my desk the next day. You guessed it! A bag of rainbow cookies. Oh, so good. Isn't that the coolest? Gotta love her.
Last thing for today, look at this container I found at Wal-Mart. It's a special edition tin container for dishwasher soap thingy's. But the container is tin, and it's a great size to make an album box, recipe box, whatever. Sweet!!!
Monday, December 3, 2007
2. Hot chocolate or Egg Nog? Southern Comfort Vanilla Spice Eggnog. Or even better, put a little bit of that eggnog flavored creamer in with the Hot Chocolate mix. YUM!
3. What's your favorite holiday dish? Velveeta dip with Ground Beef and Rotel
4. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? Nope, Santa never wrapped
5. Do you hang mistletoe? yes
6. When do you put up your decorations? Usually start the day after Thanksgiving. I finished all the inside yesterday. DH is working on the outside, but says it’s too danged hot out there.
7. What's your favorite holiday tradition? As Kip said: Started a new one, having a stocking pal with my good friends J Actually, just seeing the kids all dressed up on Christmas eve, is a great one.
8. What's on the top of your tree? A purple pointy thing (do those things have names?)
9. Do you have a nativity displayed through the holidays? A couple, including a few miniature ones.
10.Candy Canes, traditional or flavored? Or Chocolate Covered Cherries? Hmmmm...not a fan of either, but I’ll go with the cherries. Love truffles!!!
11.What's your favorite holiday goodie to make and share? Coffee Cake
12.What's your favorite Christmas song? Traditional – Do you Hear What I Hear, Contemporary/Pop – Bing Crosby and David Bowie’s rendition of Little Drummer Boy.
13.When did you learn the truth about the "magic" of Christmas? Truth???? Actually, it was 5th grade, when my grandmother said “You know there’s no Santa Claus, right?” Yep, gotta love dysfuntionality at Christmas.
14.Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, not really
15.Is there a special ornament or Christmas decoration that you wouldn't feel like Christmas without? Too many! I’m gonna go with my Snow Globes.
16.Do you take neighbor gifts/treats to anyone, everyone, a select few? No, not really. We do a big Drunco/Bunco party and eat and drink and stuff.
17.Is your big meal on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning or Christmas afternoon? All of the above, just depends on whose house we are at.
18.How do you decorate your tree? It’s a hodge-podge, no rhyme nor reason. Just wherever there is a whole, there goes an ornament.
19.Snow? Love it? Dread it? Tolerate it? Snow, what’s that? I live in Florida for a reason, I HATE the cold.
20.Do you remember a favorite gift? Barbie Dream House.
21.Do you have a family get-together during the holidays with extended family? Yes.
22.What's the most important thing that you must do each Christmas season? Probably the food. Cooking and baking up all kinds of goodies you don’t get any other time of the year. (Shrimp Dip is coming to mind right now)
23.Do you bake Christmas cookies? No, don’t really do cookies. Cakes and Brownies, yes, cookies, not so much.
24.Do you leave cookies and milk for Santa? No Santa visits here.
25.What's your favorite Christmas memory? Hmmm...Just seeing the kids faces when they open their gifts.