Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The end of an era!!!



Yep, today Bob Barker is taping his last ever episode of The Price is Right. And get this, according to this article, the person standing at the head of the line for the last show, is from TAMPA, FL!!! Oh, the irony! In the meantime, my lifelong dream of meeting Bob has gone down the tubes.

Oh, sure, there will be a new host. But it won't be the same. The ratings will slip. They'll start "tweaking" with the format. And before you know it, TPIR will end up in the Gameshow Network in the sky!

The final episode will air Friday, the 15th, and then will be in summer reruns for a few more months. and then it is gone. My sick days at home will never been the same.

So, I'll leave you with this "Keep your feet in the ground and keep reaching for the stars" Oh, wait, that's Casey Kasem! Oh, yeah, "Help Control the Pet Population, Have Your Pet Spayed or Neutered!!"

P.S. I had 7!! comments on my first post yesterday. Wow, you guys, I didn't expect that! Thanks for the support. I'm not sure I can keep this up everyday (let's face it, my life's pretty boring!), but I'll try and make y'all proud!!!

4 comments:

eljay716 said...

I saw it on the news this morning and instantly thought of you. I am so sad you will never get to spend the big wheel for Bob. Oh well,a new dream, go make a new one!

Michele L from Tampa said...

Same here, I just heared the news as I was about to read blogs - so I knew you would have something on here about your dream of meeting him. Your blog cracked me up as you always do! See ya Saturday.

JulesinParadise said...

Who woulda thunk it, you and Bob?

:Jayne said...

I'm sorry you will never reach the dream of meeting Bob. At least not on TPIR. But I know somewhere in heaven my Dad is doing a happy dance. He didn't care for Bob. I'm sorry. LOL! I can still see my Dad flipping through the channels and when he would come across Bob he would cuss and change the channel even quicker.
I'm glad Bob brought you many years of joy!
:J