1) Is the Canadian Synchronized Swimming duo trying to channel Queen Elizabeth I? You be the judge.
2) Memo to the Croatian Water Polo team: Those porno moustaches, just make you look like Ron Jeremy. (link)
3) Oh, yeah, those Chinese gymnasts are 16. Uh, and I’m turning 21!!!!
4) And I think I see some boobies on the Chinese “men’s” diving team. Egads! It’s East Germany, but in reverse!
5) What’s up with Brazil and nobody having any last names? Pele was one thing, he was a legend, there’s only one of him. But I think there are more than 1 Sheilla, Paula and Mari in the world. How does the IOC let them get away with that? And the Norwegian Beach Volleyball team wanted to use first names only too, but the IOC nixed it. Uh, yeah, there’s only one Inge and Ingrid in all of Norway.
6) Everyone loves Michael Phelps. And I do, too, don’t get me wrong. But my boy is Ryan Lochte. Dude, he’s a Gator, what’s not to love.
7) And three cheers for all of the “old-timers” who showed those kids whose boss. In addition to Dara Torres who’s 41 (another former Gator, I might add), how about Ian Millar the 61 year old Equestrian who won a medal for Canada or 32 year old Laura Wilkinson diving against girls half her age. If it not had been for her injury she probably would have beaten them too. But my favorite was the 33 year-old Romanian who medaled on the vault for Germany. She went to Germany to help fight her son’s Leukemia. A great story.
8) Speaking of gymnastics, since when did they stop having ties in gymnastics? What a gyp that was!!!
9) And speaking of ties, does anyone know why there were all these ties for Bronze in wrestling? It seems like there were two bronzes in several events, but I don’t know why.
10) And lastly, the poor sport award goes to...Well, there’s a tie (again!): The Swedish wrestler who threw his bronze medal on the floor in a temper tantrum OR the Cuban judo participant who got mad and (along with his coach) beat up the official. They both are now banned for life. Gee, ya think?