Monday, July 2, 2007

Wake me when it's tomorrow!

Where oh where did this weekend go? It flies by so fast.

We had a party with our neighbors Saturday, and I must say it was a huge success. DH made a great chicken recipe. Our neighbor Bill compared it to the chicken at Ohana in the Polynesian at WDW. Now, I’ve eaten at that place, and it is the bomb, so to be compared to that is a really high compliment and I made sure to tell DH that.

Dawn came over and hung with us too. She’s had a rough few weeks, as you may know. Her brother died three weeks ago. (Drowned fishing off of Ruskin under unusual circumstances, which we can’t seem to get any info on). Then her DH, Mike’s best friend’s wife died of colon cancer last week. You can read about her here. She sounds like a really neat lady and I’m sure she will be missed by those that love her. Dawn told me on Saturday that she was just glad to have her friends around her, to listen to her vent. Isn’t that what we’re here for?

I was actually lamenting to DH again this weekend about missing Jules’s sleepover. He says well, just go. But I can’t because I’ve made plans with my other friends. And then it dawned on me. Isn’t it great that I have so many friends!!! I mean, there was a time maybe 10 years ago that I would just sit around and do nothing. And now I have so many choices. I am so lucky to have so many people in my life that I love and enjoy, that I have to split myself up amongst them. I am really truly blessed.

Sunday consisted of catching up on housework and laundry. We had dinner at Moe’s. I love Moe’s, but man they are pricey. I told DH for the same price we can go next door to Chili’s and have table service. But as he says, we can’t get that great Moe’s queso. So true, so true.

Work should be interesting this week. My buddy Eric is on vacay, and since he is not here to check my work, I really can’t start a whole lot. But I will be busy purging and packing, getting ready for our big move Thursday and Friday.

I’m leaving at 4pm today to head over to RR for their big 40% off sale. If I have time, and the price is right, I’ll get my toes done over there, but I’ll probably just do it at the place by my house tomorrow (if they aren’t crazy busy)! That also means I’m bringing home the Q for DH.

3 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

brat living so close to RR that you can go during the week!

:Jayne said...

Don't buy them out! I'm going for my first RR visit Saturday!
I wish you were coming to sleepover with us! We'll miss you!

:J

eljay716 said...

oh it is nice having so many friends isn't it? i know I am better counting you as a friend. thank you
Linda