Thursday, June 7, 2007

Cars Suck!

Yep, yep they do.

So my mechanic calls me this morning. Tells me my PCV line has collapsed. What the heck is a PCV line you ask? Beats the heck out of me, but mine collapsed. And now my car won't go without it. Great. Want so more bad news? My Air/Fuel intake is gunked up and needs to be cleaned out. Uh, okay. Sure. Whatever you say. I mean, what else can I say. I can't say "huh, what, I don't understand", because then they assume you are some dumb female and try and take advantage of that. So, I just say, uh-huh, and wave sayonara to $400 of my money. Sigh!!

I shouldn't complain. My car has 120,000+ miles on it and I do drive the heck out of it. I've been through all the normal wear and tear stuff, tires, brakes, had my air recharged. I did have to spend $60 bucks on a hose right before Christmas, but that was thanks to those morons at Autoway who didn't position it right, and instead placed it next to the fan. Smarrrrrtt!!!! Needless to say, I haven't been back there.

So, sure I could have a new car. With new car payments. Which are probably way more than the $400 here and there that I am spending now. I mean, I could be like my BILs who trade in their new snazzy cars every 6 months for even newer snazzier cars. But I like my car. It's me! It fits my personality. I'm comfortable in it. It hauls all my junk! And besides, Grandma taught me that you drive your car till it dies. She should know. There've been a few cars that we drove well past the time they should have been put out of their misery.

And with luck, the grace of God, and a bandaid, we'll get another 120,000 miles out of this sucker!

2 comments:

Denita said...

WOW, Mary youv'e joined us blog nuts? Welcome my dear! Good job to by the way.
Hey I have a CTMH order at my house for you back from? who knows when . . .
Love ya, Dee

eljay716 said...

Hey good for you for fixing it and avoiding car payments. Just think of all the $ you will have for other things. I am one of those that drive it til the wheels fall off and then get something that doesn't require payments! See you Saturday. (I could deliver CTMH if you get with DEE to get it to me)