Saturday, June 9, 2007

Mornin' all...

Glad for the weekend. Last nite, dh and I went to one of our old haunts, Gus's in Northdale. It had been quite a while since we ate there. When we got there, the place wasn't busy at all. At 7:30 on a Friday nite? That should have been my first clue.

The service was horrible. The waitress wasn't familiar with the specials, she just brought out the food, and walked away, nevermind the fact that I never got my salad (with came with said special) and I had no more tea to drink. (The glasses were teeny-tiny). It took at least 10 minutes to find her to tell her these things.

And they used to have this really great pizza. But the pizza DH got looked like the frozen ones from Sam's Club. It was horrible. DH's grandmother says they are always looking for help, because the old man who owns the place is a bear to work with, apparently.

Oh, well. We then went to Lowe's. DH wanted to stock up on batteries, since they are tax free this week. And I got a replacement Malibu light for the one that the boys broke.

I'm off to go workout now (don't laugh!). Then shower, clean the house up a little and head over to the expo.

2 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

Dont you just hate old favoites gone to hell in a handbasket? UGH! See ya later today

JulesinParadise said...

Thanks for the blast yesterday darling Mary Mary!