Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Week That Was

I have never been so glad to have a week over with as I am this one.

Things at work have just gone from bad to worse. On Wednesday we had this staff meeting. The first thing they do is pass out this memo called Standards of Conduct. The gist of it is this:

-All Employees will be polite and professional
-Office gossip about employees, management decisions or any other office issues will not be tolerated. (We can't even talk about the roof leaking!!!)
-Office problems or concerns are only to be discussed with the employees manager and not to be discussed with other employees.
-The lines of authority will be followed for all work delegation

It was expressed, quite strongly that any violation could lead to termination. And were told there would be no discussion!!!

Okay, so let me get this straight, you have a few employees, causing some issues, and instead of talking to them directly, to nip it in the bud, you throw this blanket statement over everybody. And then threaten their livelihoods on top of it???? You just took what little morale we had left and flushed it right down the toilet.

Yesterday morning I had to talk a co-worker off a ledge (figuratively speaking of course) because she was at her wit's end. We've been doing quite a bit of drinking this week, too, I might add. (Three nites in a row to be exact).

And I'm pushed to the point where I had to call my PCP to see if he can give me something to take the edge off. I'm sleeping too much, eating too much, now drinking too much. I'm just tired of feeling on edge all the time.

OMG, I just saw the funniest thing on channel 10, literally right this second. They are showing a big cattle drive across the screen, and the reporter is talking about why the cows are in the road in the first place. And right there in the middle of the herd are two cows doing it!! Bwahahahaha!!!! That was the funniest thing ever! Holy cow (pardon the pun), I needed that laugh right this second. It's too bad I don't have screen capture, I'd show it to y'all!!!

Everybody make sure to check out Miami Dawn's blog today. She is doing a 24 hour blogathon for charity. It's a great cause and I wish her the best. I'm there next to go push her on.

2 comments:

Kip said...

Hopefully, you can relax next weekend Mar!

eljay716 said...

Mar Take it easy honey! I hope your PCP was able to help you out. Can't wait to see you this weekend. Girl time is the best medicine! Hope your friend is ok too.