Monday, July 23, 2007

lazy weekend

So, what does one do when they are laid off, have no prospects, and three kids to support? Why go out to eat at Buca Di Pepe, of course. GRRRRR!!! Don’t get me started. Just when I was starting to feel sorry for him and give him the benefit of the doubt.

But anyways, this was a very lazy weekend. I just putzed around the house all weekend, read and watched movies. I tried to get some sun on Saturday, but only stayed out for an hour before the rain chased me away. Cooked some, too. Made some killer mashed potatoes Saturday night. DH was very impressed. He bbq’ed steak and some chicken breasts. On Sunday night, I made my signature sloppy joes (with bacon). I thought for sure there were some leftovers afterwards, but I see that last night someone helped himself to a midnite snack, LOL!

I even did a little cleaning up in my scraproom. Went through about 3 drawers full of memorabilia and divided it up into years. Man, that stuff multiplies. All the cards, postcards, ticket stubs, brochures from different places. Who knew it could add up so quickly.

Looks like this weekend will be more of the same. Not much planned for the week ahead. I’m going to try and start tackling the bathroom tonite and get it ready for painting. Not looking forward to it, but it’s got to be done.

3 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

Been missing you Miss Mary Mary. Can't wait til Sebring...you'll be there right?

Mary B said...

Oh, yes, I'll be there, don't you worry!!!

Ginni C. said...

So, what does one do when they are laid off, have no prospects, and three kids to support?

Oh no. Make that QUIT a job, have no prospects and 3 kids to support! Then the answer is Move to Michigan --- land of the depressed economy, no jobs but cheap real estate!!!