Sunday, July 29, 2007

When the going gets tough

the tough go... SHOPPING!!!

So, I did what every red blooded American female does in times of distress. I hit the stores. Got up early yesterday morning and hit the doorbusters at Kohl's. Got a couple of cute dresses (one for only $10!), some new shoes and a few other doo-dads from the clearance rack. But get this; I'm in the back, thumbing through one of the clearance racks, and this woman comes up to me and asks, "Is this the maternity section?" :0 I mean, come on!!!! I wasn't even wearing baggy clothes, but a tank top and shorts.

Which means it's now time for a drink. or two...or ten...anyways:

DH and I headed out that evening to Crabby Bill's on the causeway, to see Mel's hubby play. The atmosphere was good, the food okay, but the music was great.

Joe and Daryl put on a great show. They really sounded great together and DH and I enjoyed it. We missed Mel though, she had been working all day getting rid of a tree that fell in their yard and she was a hurting puppy, poor thing. But it did me some good to just get out and forget about life for a while!!

This morning, we ran up to Wal-Mart for our monthly stock-up. Then had a wonderful lunch at Vallarta's. Their lunch buffet is so darn good. Best bargain in town, if you ask me.

Tomorrow it's back to the grind, but Sebring is just a few days away. I need some female companionship and some time to just be silly for a few days. And I thoroughly plan on doing just that!!!

3 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

yep few more days my friend! beware Sebring!

JulesinParadise said...

Can't wait to see you Mary Mary!

Kip said...

I'm with you girlfriend..see you soon!!