Sunday, September 2, 2007

Happy Birthday Papa!!!


We had a big party last night for DH's grandfather's 80th birthday. It was a huge success. Lots of family came, including a surprise visit from some family members in So. Fla. We had Olive Garden catered in, and ate Lasagna, Chicken Parmesan and Meatballs. Salad, of course, DH's grandmother made a big antipasto plate, and his great-aunt made this custard dessert. It's not flan, it's more of a pudding. I don't know what it's called, but it had fruit on top and it had a Spanish name. Oh, well, whatever it was, it was yummy!!!

DH gave a speech and everyone was teary-eyed. We honestly did not think we would celebrate this day 3 months ago. I guess this shows you that miracles do happen.

Well, I'm trying to get my computer time in. The fantasy football draft starts in a half hour. Which means I'll have a house full of testosterone. And food. Yes, always food. Pizza, fried chicken, two kinds of chicken wings, egg rolls. They won't go hungry, will they?

So, I'm here. Hiding out. At home. (Yes, that's a hint, Michele!!!) Watching movies and cleaning up my room. AKA the disaster area. I need to find all my CE stuff and get it packed, that's my goal tonite. Yippee!!!

1 comment:

Michele L from Tampa said...

Sorry sorry missed you yesterday. Hopefully I can catch up with you today. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday celebration Saturday too!