Monday, September 17, 2007

Buccaneers, Buddy!!!!

How about them Bucs??? Was that a great game or what? Our D really played their butts off!!!

Have you checked out 2P’s new format? I have. It stinks. The messages seem all jumbled and scrunched together and the type is way too small. I think my posting time over there will be at a minimum. Ah well.

Happy Birthday shout out to Miami Dawn. Hope it’s the bestest to you. YAY!!!!

Now, I’ll finish my CE account, because I’m sure you are at the edge of your seats. (Okay, maybe not).

The day started out just like the first with breakfast. Our first class was Cris’s soldering class. I really didn’t know what to expect out of this. It turned out to be a lot of fun. We actually learned something new, a shocker I know!!! Cris is very talented, and was a great teacher, and she had slides and videos playing in the background the whole time. We really liked it.

Next was Jennifer. I liked the project, it was a Creative Imaginations purse and album. It was somewhat simple, but not overly so, like Heidi-Lyn’s class. The biggest problem was they cut the die-cuts wrong and there was too much white showing. The pages did not fit properly. I will have to add some paint or something to make it look presentable. Bummer.

We had the same lunch as yesterday, and then went to our last class which was Heidi’s. I gotta admit, she really pulled it all together in this class. It was a memory board to hang up and display items on, using canvas. It was a really neat project, and Heidi’s husband walked around and made sure everyone was doing okay. I really enjoyed the project, and can’t wait to finish it. My only drawback was I should have done what Jules did and made it another color, instead of green, but I’m sure I’ll do something with it, maybe even make a gift out of it, and then make myself another one in more pastel colors.

After class, I headed up to the pool and Kip, Jules and Janet joined me for a drink. Kip, Jules and I floated down the lazy river, which was fun, but unfortunately, the inner tubes were not plus-size, LOL! So went back to the pool by their room and hung out until it was time for dinner.

Let me say, I was a purple girl in a pink world. Pink, pink and more pink everywhere. All the Heidi wannabes (The Pink Posse, I called them) were covered head to toe to look just like her. They even gave everyone little polka-dot scarves to wear...JUST LIKE HEIDI!!!! OY!! I actually wore my scarf to rib on Kip some, and Jules said “You look like fuckin’ Mickey Mouse”. ROFL!!!! That was the funny moment of the weekend.

Dinner was very nice. Baked chicken, vegetables, salad, mashed potatoes. But the best part was they served dessert first. How funny was that? It was based on the theme of the weekend to live life at its fullest.

The evening ended with door prizes, a slide show and then the key-note speaker, Alison Tyler-Jones. She was awesome. A great speaker, very motivational, and funny. I loved it. Her pictures were awesome as well. It was a great way to wrap up the weekend. Afterwards, our gang took pictures in the fountain, and laughed and hugged. We then went up to the room, I finished my packing and read for a little while, the other girls worked on some projects. I tried to stay up all nite, but could only stay up until around 1am, and then woke up at 4am to get ready to leave.

On a scale of 1-10, I would give the weekend a 7.5. There were some disappointments with some of the classes, and other issues, but the best part was being there with my girlfriends. They were the bestest, and the made it a great time. I wouldn’t have had it any other way.

2 comments:

eljay716 said...

thats right- the best part is being with my girlfriends! Go Bucs!

:Jayne said...

Isn't that the best part of any weekend? The girlfriends!
Glad you had a great time. GO PACK!

:J

okay GO BUCS! Not when they play the Pack tho!