Friday, September 21, 2007

My New Girl Crush...

is Jamie the insurance adjuster. Remember the girl with the manatees? Well picture her with longer hair and less tattoos. Well, she might have had the same number of tattoos, she had pants on, so who knows.

Well, anyway, I met with Jamie this morning. She looked everything over, explained the process. The big issue was over the rear quarter panel. It needed to be replaced and there was a question as to whether a used one could be located or not. If not, and a new one had to be ordered, they were going to total out the car, as it had too many miles and would cost too much at that point. Well, that did not make me a happy camper. It took everything not to break down in tears when I thought my beloved car might be put out to pasture.

Well, then I had to go round and round with Enterprise Rent-a-Car. When I spoke to the Geico agent last night, she said I would get something similar to a Dodge Stratus or a Pontiac G6. So, I was not at all pleased when they showed up with a Nissan Sentra. Now, you tell me, how is a 6'4' 285 lb. guy going to squeeze into a Sentra. So, I went round and round with Geico, and then round and round with Enterprise because they kept telling me they had no other cars available. You mean to tell me in all the gazillion Enterprise offices in the bay area, NO ONE had a mid-size sedan???? Well, I made it to International Mall by this time, and the one across the street found a Dodge Avenger for me. It will cost me an extra $3 a day out of pocket, but it's worth it not to feel like I'm in a tin can.

So, just a little bit ago, Jamie called. They found a quarter panel. Hooray!!! It will take them approx. 12 days to fix, and will cost $3600+, but I only owe the $500 deductible, of course, and then I get my car back. That makes me happy!!!

I'm actually hoping they can stretch it out just a few more days, so I can drive the rental to Ft. Lauderdale. It would save me extra mileage on the truck, and possibly be cheaper to fill up. But I'll be happy either way. At least life isn't on hold right now.

Well, off to Target. YAY!!!

No comments: