Friday, September 21, 2007

My car!!! My beautiful car!!!!





Yep, that's my car alright. Nice, isn't it. And it was my own damn fault, too!!!

I was near the clusterfuck, er, intersection of Kennedy and Westshore in front of the mall last night. Anyone who has been in that area during rush hour can attest to how bad it can be, the light cycles are completely messed up, cars from all four directions in the intersections at the same time, because of the insane light timing, among other things.

I was in the center lane, behind a big lawn trailer, in the intersection in front of Sears, when the light changed to red. I looked to my left, and it was clear, and went to go around the trailer. I thought I had enough room to clear him, but I obviously misjudged it. I tore off my mirror, dented in the door and rear quarter panel to where I don't know if the door will open, there's a huge scrape on the whole side of the car, and the power window won't go done smoothly.

There was no damage at all to the trailer, and the guy was fine with it, so we didn't see a need to exchange information, and he went on his way.

Yep, I fucked it up good this time! I'm fine physically, just beating myself up, that's all. Oh, well, that's what insurance is for. Wave bye-bye to my $500 deductible and my good driver discount. I actually have an appointment this morning at the Geico Rapid Claims Center, where they will look everything over and hook me up with a rental car. Oh, joy.

Well, hopefully, this will be a much better day, right?

5 comments:

Ginni C. said...

Oh Mary, I'm so sorry! Having just been through some of this I know what a mess it is to go through. Glad you are all right! Sending you big hugs!

eljay716 said...

omg Mar.. I am sorry. You do love your car. I am glad you were not hurt, thats the good thing.

Scrappin' Jackie said...

Hey Mary-
Ya know, beating yourself up isn't gonna do anything.
My dad used to say, "that is why they call them accidents and not on purposes". We all have em. The black beauty will be just fine, and thank goodness NO ONE was hurt.

Sorry for the aggrevation. Hugs,
Jackie

Michele L from Tampa said...

Car's can be replaced - you can not! Sorry it had to happen, but glad your ok!

Teri said...

YUCK! sorry about that Mary! Try not to beat yourself up too badly!