Thursday, August 2, 2007

Holy Crap!!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/02/bridge.witnesses.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories#cnnSTCPhoto

That’s all I can say. Holy Crap!!!! How does a bridge just fall down like that????

The first thing I thought of, of course, was the Skyway. It was so eerily similar. But at least with the Skyway you knew that a barge hit it and that’s what caused it. Not so here. I’m hearing reports that there may have been some stress fractures, and with all the jack-hammering and the stopped cars, it just buckled. But the pictures are horrific.

Not something you want to see when you drive over a major bridge twice a day, let me tell you. EEK!! And the rain, this morning? OY!! And I heard there were a lot of accidents over here in the southside, so believe it or not, I actually got to work before a lot of other people did.

From Kip’s blog, 5 things I hate:

- my long commute (esp. in the rain like it has been all week)
- peas, peas, peas. (and most beans!)
- ignorance
- people who abuse animals
- Paris, Britney, Nicole, Lindsay, all of them...just go away!!! I’m sick of you all!

No comments: