Monday, August 6, 2007

A Great Weekend!

What a great weekend I had. I didn’t want it to end. The old Kenilworth looks great, with a few upgrades added. I loved it. I had the best time hanging out with my old pals, some I hadn’t seen in a long time.

Miss Linda and her crew did an outstanding job. Everything was perfect. Especially the food. Oh, the food. Man, it was some good stuff. Spaghetti, baked chicken, mashed potatoes, Mel’s peach cobbler, fried green tomatoes. I loved it all. And even with the multiple kitchens, Linda and Mel and Ellen made it look seamless. They did a fantastic job. (Note to self: get recipe for chicken to make at home!)

I got two projects done. I got Di’s July Hang Ten kit done from start to finish. And Jules’s Friend class (which I changed to Family). Got that finished too. They look great, I’m proud of myself.

The girls were all in rare form, and as usual, I laughed ‘til I cried. Mel and Maegan were great roomies as always. It’s hard to believe that Maegan is a young woman now, not a kid any more. She’s grown up so fast. Melanie (and Joe) really did a great job with both their kids. They should be proud.

Had to get home, though, to go have dinner for FIL’s birthday. At Gus’s. Yes, I said Gus’s. I don’t know why, but Step MIL really has a hard-on for that place. The four of us at our end of the table had the consensus that the food sucked!!! I had the Shrimp Alfredo, but it had not flavor, and was very oily. No leftovers for me.

Got to see my youngin’s and squeeze them. They are at ripe, picture taking age right now, I must add. Another couple of years and they will be at the “get away from me with that thing” stage, so I’m enjoying it while I can.

Also met their cousin Becky from Louisiana. Very sweet lady. Sadly, though, she has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and won’t be with us much longer. This will probably the last time she will get to visit.

Well, Monday is here, and time to do some work now. I’ll be counting the days ‘til this weekend, when we’re Disney bound!

1 comment:

eljay716 said...

We are Disney bound aren't we?? whooo hooo It will be a different weekend for sure but fun fun fun. Gotta love Carol!!