Monday, December 29, 2008

ALmost a New Year

Did you have a good Christmas? I did. It was very busy and hectic, but it was great just the same. Got some Christmas cash to go spend... (Maybe at RR? Their 40% off sale starts today. Anybody else want to go?) And got to spend time with my munchkins, always my favorite part.

Faxonisms:

Faxon: Santa’s going to bring me an Xbox, a PSP and a million games.
Me: A million? That’s a bunch. Santa’s elves are going to be working overtime.
Faxon: That’s okay, they’ll do it for me.
Me: I dunno. Those elves are union, ya know, and Santa doesn’t want to pay them overtime and mess with their union.
Faxon: Aw, they’ll do it. Because I’ve been extra special good this year.

(Said at the dinner table)
Me: Be careful with those plates. That’s the last thing I want to do is clean up a mess.
Faxon: Oh, sarcasm, (said with an eyeroll)
Me: Honey, I am the queen of sarcasm, you have a long way to go to catch up with me.

(Said while hamming it up for the kid’s flip camera that Cassidy got)
Faxon: This show is money, money, money, like cash in my pocket. I got a whole $20!!!

(Said at Nana’s house, a teenage cousin was visiting and she was talking about her younger cousin who also usually visits, but not this time.)
Faxon: Austin!?!?!? Never heard of him. (DH is laughing hysterically at this.)
(Then upon seeing said cousin’s picture...)
Faxon: That kid need’s a hair cut!

Add this to the story his father told me about how he placed a $900 order on Amazon. The only way BIL found out was the email confirmation was sent to his IPhone and he cancelled it immediately. Hoo boy, and this kid isn’t even 7 yet??? Look out!

There was a little drama (isn’t there always) as MIL and her mother aren’t speaking to each other. So we had to visit them separately instead of together. Let’s just say that some people have a knack for revisionist history. :eyeroll: But we moved on and the rest of the day was great.

Worked on Friday (that’s a story for another day.) and then went home around 2pm to take a nap. We had dinner at ABC Pizza and then stopped at Target, and I picked up a few things. I wanted a new tree, but all the ones they had only had clear lights, not colored ones, which is too bad, because they were at a good price.

I’m seeing light at the end of the tunnel in my scrap room. I went through 3 of my 4 sticker albums and took up half a garbage bag. Who knew???? All I have left is my desk, and one set of drawers which is mostly memorabilia, programs, ticket stubs, cards, things like that. Then comes the task of putting everything away. Oh, boy will this be fun. One thing I didn’t realize, is how much darn chipboard I’ve accumulated. I have almost a four foot high stack!

Well, this is getting long, I’m on page 2 of Word, so I will sign off for now. Happy New Year everyone.

3 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

yeah you blogged lol. I need to tackle my room too

JulesinParadise said...

Happiest of New Year's to you and Sammy! and all the kitties from Jules, Just Jack, Goofy and E!

eljay716 said...

Happy New Year!!! I love ya and will see you Friday night!