Monday, December 8, 2008

Here we are again

Well, you know it rains, it pours.

I had fully expected to sleep in late on Friday, when about 6am, DH proceeds to tell me that our computer has crashed. Completely! All it does is cycle through like it’s going to log on, then it stops and cycles through again. Just lovely. I really needed this 3 weeks before Christmas.

So we got a new computer Friday. It’s a nice HP with 500 gig of memory and wireless LAN and lots of other fancy stuff that I will never use. I got a cheap HP printer too, for $30, since the other one was way old, and I knew for sure it wouldn’t be Vista compatible. DH spent almost all weekend loading it up with our old stuff, and everything else. Seems we’ve got most of the kinks worked out. One thing that is not working is the scanner. Epson has a driver that you are supposed to download to get it to work, but something about the driver is for 16 bit Vista, and we are using 32 bit.

We’re also having some issues with Windows Mail or whatever it is called. Apparently you can’t use Outlook Express with Vista???? Anyways, for some strange reason, it wants to combine mine and DH’s address books into one. And I’m not sure how to get around this. Any computer experts want to weigh in on this one?

The house is all decorated, at least the inside. The outside is DH’s job, and we have 3 reindeer and a tree, that’s it for now. The rest will go up sometime, we’re in no hurry.

I’ve been cleaning out the scraproom too. I so far am on my 3rd bag of garbage, and have another VERY full garbage bag of stuff to give away, charity, etc. If you know anyone who would like this stuff, let me know. It’s a lot of older stuff, some of those old CM kits, and some templates. I had four (4!) paper trimmers. What the heck do you do with 4 paper trimmers? You know the drill, you buy what you think is the greatest, then someone comes out with something better, and then something better than that, and so on and so on. I know DH is ready for me to be done with this room, because everything that is in the room is sitting in the hallway. Oopsie! Well, someday.

And I found a ton of cards from swaps and stuff. Looks like I am going the Linda-way and give these cards all out for Christmas. I just don’t see it possible to even begin to work on cards at this point. Everyone else is getting a store-bought card. Yes, I know hard to imagine, but right now, my heart’s not in it. Soon, I promise.

Right now, I’m just taking one day at a time.

5 comments:

:Jayne said...

Wow! Sorry to hear about the computer. Good luck with Vista.
:J

eljay716 said...

Day at a time is good. Hey you know what are we supposed to do with all those cards anyway??? use em up! I am going store bought for the rest also. No time to design now. love ya..

Scrappin' Jackie said...

I use outlook with vista.....
also, would be very happy to take donations for my crop and my classroom. i can pick up too.
keep your chin up and read your email i sent ya.

Scrappin' Jackie said...

I use outlook with vista.....
also, would be very happy to take donations for my crop and my classroom. i can pick up too.
keep your chin up and read your email i sent ya.

JulesinParadise said...

I share your pain. Our computer did the same thing and now my lap top bit the dust (pretty sure). Can't shoot em and can't live without em. See you Sat...are you spending the night? Are you coming at 4?