Monday, December 22, 2008

Three Days Until Christmas

Ah, just three more days until the big day. I *almost* got all my Christmas cards out. Yes, I am a slacker. I finished almost all of them on Friday. I had a few stragglers I didn’t have addresses for, etc. Then on Saturday, someone I thought was off the list showed up again! ACK! (Did you read Sally Forth in the paper yesterday? I had that EXACT conversation on Saturday.)

So, I had everything ready to go today, or so I thought. I got here this morning and realized I’d forgotten the mailing labels. D’OH!!!! So they will get mailed tomorrow. So a few of you out there in blogland may be getting your card the day AFTER Christmas. Sorry about that folks. L

I did all my grocery shopping on Saturday for the week. I’m making my world famous (HA!) spinach dip for work, broccoli casserole, Cajun shrimp, these little chocolate mousie things I found in Simple & Delicious, and a pizza bread for the neighbor’s party tomorrow. I really don’t want to go to the neighbor’s “Hanakkamas”party, but it’s one of those “you feel obligated” things. I’m way closer to my bunco girls of course, but none of them will be at this party. Sigh! I do have a couple friends that will be there, though (both named Linda, ironically, enough!)

I cleaned like a freak yesterday, but still didn’t get the bathrooms done. Tonight I will do that. I did a ton of laundry. Got all but one load done, and started some of the ironing. Started the gift wrapping. Will finish that up tonite, too. Except for bows and ribbons, I wait until the last minute for those. If not, Miles will eat them. Hehe. I watched two different Christmas Carols on Saturday.

I’m on my fourth bag of scraproom garbage. How do we accumulate all this junk? This time it was mostly scraps. You know, when you make a page or something, and you think, Oh, I’m going to save this one little inch scrap because I can use it on a card or something else. And then what happens? You get overrun by those little scraps. So out they went.

Well, the carols are going, and it’s time for the final countdown. I’m feeling pretty calm and relaxed so far. Let’s hope it stays that way.

1 comment:

Michele L from Tampa said...

busy little bee! and yes I can so relate to the oh I will make a card with that scrap.