Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year!

Well, this weekend our house was full of sickness. First, DH and now, me. UGG!!!! I took a Zyrtec yesterday and pretty much slept the day away. Now, I’m at work muffling through. At lunch I’m going to go to the store and get some decongestants (something that won’t make me sleep). Sigh! I was supposed to go to the crop in Ruskin this weekend, but had just too much crap to do, and now I’m kinda glad I didn’t, because I would have given this to everyone else. And I’m sure no one would have appreciated that. But hopefully, I’ll get over it pretty quick, and try and go to Sarasota this weekend. One day at a time, I say, right?

New Year’s Eve we went to Mike and Dawn’s, but DH was so out of it on cold medicine I had to drag him home at 11. We fell asleep quickly after that, and missed the ball drop. DH says “It’s a big crystal ball, it’s in Time Square and it drops. Just like last year. What is there to miss?” So true, so true. I tried to get the tree down on NYD, but he was out for the count and there is no way I can get in the attic by myself. (darn my shortness and fear of ladders!)

Friday it was back to work time. But they did let us leave early. At 2:30. Woohoo, a whopping hour and a half. I think it was because the boss walked around and saw everyone on the internet and figured out we weren’t going to work anyway. Gee, you think!

Saturday, DH was feeling better, but I was starting to get that little throat tickle. We managed to get the entire house taken down and packed up, and all the usual pictures, table cloths, etc, were put back in the position they are the other 11 months out of the year.

Now, what about that CK debacle with the Project 365 album? Once again they have decided to make a name for themselves. And it was NOT a good one. I had sworn off of them after the whole Hall of Fame fiasco last year, but with all the buzz on this one, I figured, what the hell, right? Always listen to your gut, I say. So, I tried to get in, and tried and tried, and just kept getting bounced out. Or the screen would sit there and not move. So I decided to try it later. Well, a half hour later and guess what? All sold out…And no apologies, no explanation. Just a huge mess AGAIN! And I’m seeing people being charged $15 and $20 for shipping, when the kit itself was only $30!!! Come on CK, get on the ball!!!!

I’m listening to the Joe Henry albums I downloaded yesterday. He’s pretty obscure, so those of you who don’t know who he is, if you ever see those “Tribute” videos that TCM does at the end of the year, he does the haunting background music. He’s considered “Alt. Country” which to me isn’t really country. It’s more bluesy-jazzy-folksy type of music. Anyway, I am really enjoying it right now.

Well, that’s all for today. Have fun!

No comments: