Wednesday, December 3, 2008

a kind of blue...

Well, as far as birthdays go, this one is going to be the crappiest.

Melody is not doing very good. She’s been very lethargic, labored breathing, and she’s been hiding under the bed the last few days. I’m going to call Dr. Keene when they open and take her in, hopefully this afternoon.

It seems no matter how much you prepare yourself for this, you never quite are. I think her being so healthy the last few months had lulled me into a false sense of security.

I just tell myself that we really don’t know her true age, as she was a stray. And you just have to know that we gave her an extra 10 years in a warm safe house with plenty of love and food, which is a lot better off than she would have been if we hadn’t of found her.

Still, it doesn’t make it easier does it?

Then I think back to my friend Eric, and the day he had. Somebody shot his dog on Tuesday.

Nikki had got out an open door, and before his wife could jump in the car after her, she heard the shots three doors down. The neighbor claims that the dog was attacking him, but there were witnesses that said the dog was walking away and he shot her in the back. Other neighbors had even heard the man say if he saw the dog out, he would shoot her. The police say that since the man felt threatened, and since he had a concealed weapons permit; there was nothing they could charge him with. I also found out that this neighbor threatened to kill my friend's wife in an email while she was HOA president. She has a copy of the email she is taking to the police today and is filing a restraining order and starting civil proceedings.
They have two little ones (and yes, they were there when this went down.) All of us were at Epcot over the weekend. Nikki was a good dog, never would attack anyone and was very loving to the two children.

It just makes me sick thinking about this. Why are human beings like this allowed to roam the earth? I just don’t get it.

Life just sucks sometimes, ya know? And you got to get it all out.

2 comments:

Scrappin' Jackie said...

So sorry to hear of the tragic shooting of your neighbor's dog. Senseless.
I am also very sad for your loss. Believe me, I KNOW that nothing anyone says will make it "better" but you MUST know in your heart that you gave her 10 fabulous years and for that, she is thankful.
Google the RAINBOW BRIDGE. It brought me some comfort when I lost Riley.

eljay716 said...

Love ya and thinking about you.