Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday's here

Ah, I think I’m finally starting to get out my funk. It’s this time of year. Those of us in “tax/financial” world know that the corporate extensions are fast upon us, and everyone always waits until the last minute. Which always means a world of stress for me. And then when I’m home, all I want to do is vegetate, and hibernate, and any other word that ends in an “ate”.

One thing that always relieves stress from my mind is that the bosses are in Europe for the next three weeks. YAY!!!! So doing a happy dance at work today. Although, between you and me, there’s not going to be much work done around here, I have a feeling. Hehehe!

Well, I got the bad news on my car. The evaporator core had a leak. The price tag? How about $800!!!! Yep, that’s what it is. The mechanic refilled the Freon for now, and when it runs low, DH is going to try and refill it himself, like he’s been doing on the Taurus. We’ll see how it goes, and then work from there. At least it’s cold right now, and we’ll see how long it lasts. It’s one of those “cross that bridge when we come to it things”.

Got some big crop events coming up. The PINK Crop at Ruban Rouge is in two weeks, and I’m looking forward to it. And I just raised my hand for the Hilltop/KNK Pink Crop on the 4th. I’m really psyched up for it. I may even go to Ruskin next Saturday and surprise Linda. (shhh...don’t tell her. Hahahahahaha!)

I promised I’d make DH mac-n-cheese this weekend. Real cheese and real cream, yum! How can you go wrong, right? Now I have to think of something to go with it. Chicken tenders maybe? I’ll think of something when I go to the store tonight.

Hey, we haven't played a game of "What's on your IPOD?", lately. Let's spin the ole random function and see what we get...Wow, an oldie but goodie...Duke of Earl by Gene Chandler.

Here's to a great weekend.

2 comments:

eljay716 said...

how about chapter 17 of the latest Stuart Wood book?? surprise me.. I will be surprised. I will be!

JulesinParadise said...

Can't wait to see you at the Ruskin crop as I can't make either of the other two! Miss you Mary Mary!