Friday, September 26, 2008

Breakin' the law...Breakin' the law...

Yes, yours truly is a scofflaw, a criminal, a fugitive from the law. Yours truly has gotten..... A Speeding Ticket!!!!! (insert Dragnet music here!)

Yes, I fought the law...but the law won! Well, in this case, FHP. (And yes, I have a slightly low opinion of FHP, which may sound odd coming from a LEO’s spouse. But FHP has a low opinion of other LEA’s, so that goes both ways, I’m afraid!)

Sigh, I left the office Wednesday morning to go to a doctor’s appointment. And as I came across the Howard Franklin, at the end of the hump, there the sneaky bastard was with his radar hiding behind the concrete barrier. I tried to slow down, but I had forgotten my sunglasses and couldn’t see too well, so by the time I did, it was too late.

So, I got 80 in a 65. $185 plus driving school. And truth be known, I really only have myself to blame. I was an idiot. I was cruising in the left lane (something I never do, but I wasn’t getting off until Dale Mabry), and I let my usual Spidey senses go that morning, beings it was not rush hour (also unusual for me) with almost no traffic. So, I will pay the price.

This is my first ticket since ’02. This will also be my fourth driving school attempt. What, Mar, you didn’t learn the first 3 times? No, I never do. I’m a speed demon, I will the first one to admit it. And I take full responsibility for it. And pay the price when I get caught. My mom says I drive like my grandfather, he was the same way. Guess that’s why I drive an SUV and not a Mustang (which DH has been toying with the idea, heavens forbid!) I also have to realize, I am NOT young and cute anymore and can’t flirt my way out it, like I did in my college days. (My roommate was so envious of how I could get my way out of a ticket. I must have been pulled over a dozen times in my four (+) years of college, and only got two tickets. And one was a WOMAN FHP trooper!)

So, yes, some of us are drug addicts, some rob banks for a living. Others? Just can’t drive 55!

1 comment:

:Jayne said...

Ah, It's good knowing I'm in good company! I don't drive fast, I fly low.
:J