Sunday, June 1, 2008

We've been to Hell and back...

No, really, we have. See:

This is a cool little place in Grand Cayman that has these weird rock formations that look like, well, Hell.


We had a lot of fun in Grand Cayman, we did the land tour this time around, and went to Hell, drove by the Governor's mansion, the little cottage (I forget what that's called), and the Turtle Farm. I found a cute Coach bag at a little strip center next to the Turtle Farm, totally by accident. And then of course, the beaches, where the water is just a beautiful shade of blue.


One of the things I find interesting is how the cemeteries are right there on the beach. Our tour guide told us that after Ivan a few years ago, the water was washing up on the beach and the graves were being carried across the street into people's front yards!!! Freaky Deaky!!

After the tour, we went and shopped around a little, and I got a snack. A beef patty and a soda. Someone in line was eating one when we were waiting to get on the bus, so I had a craving. YUM! Now, growing up in South Florida, we had little Jamaican joints were I would get some of those from time to time. And you can by the frozen one's at Wal-Mart, but there is something to say about having a fresh one. It's kind of like an Empanada, but the breading is a little different, (more biscuity, I think), and spicier. But it made a good snack.

But the Caymans are one of our favorite places, and if we ever get the money, I'd like to spend a couple of days down there. (It's verrrrry expensive!)

2 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

man that is what I did not have was a beef patty - dummy me. but too cool brought me back to our cruise. hope to see ya saturday?

JulesinParadise said...

We went to Hell too! Loved your pictures...they brought back memories for me too! Thanks Mary Mary!