Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Back with some more

Well, first, a shout out to Melanie! Hope you had the bestest of birthdays. You deserve it. Thank you guys so much. We enjoyed it. (A margarita night is definitely in our future, Top Shelf!)

Anyways, back to cruising. We had dinner one night at Chops Grille, the onboard steakhouse. It was an extra $25 a person, but so many people had recommended to try one of the specialty restaurants that we just had to take the plunge. So glad we did. It was fantastic. One of the highlights of the cruise. I would definitely pit this against a Bern’s or an Armani’s or any similar type steakhouse, in service, presentation, and food! Tremendous. DH says that this will be a must-do on any cruise from here out.

Take a look at this dessert. This was the Mississippi Mud Pie, and it was delicious. So dense, and so rich, I could barely finish it. (But we tried, oh did we try!)




Another one of my favorites was the cheese-onion soup I had for an appetizer. Now, I’m thinking this is a cheese soup, with some onion flavor. No, it was onion soup (think French Onion), with the hugest, thickest layer of cheese I had ever seen. And y’all know what a cheese-a-holic I am. HEAVEN! Interestingly enough I had the French Onion soup in the dining room, and it wasn’t nearly as good.

But I won’t say the dining room food was bad...it was pretty good, considering what you have to do to feed 3000 guests at the same time. DH’s steaks were hit or miss admittedly. There were some good things though. I do love their escargots. I never had escargots, until I went on a cruise. And it’s not something I order out because A) they are usually pricey and B) there’s usually another appetizer I want, like calamari or something that I would rather have. So, that’s a treat. The mahi-mahi was especially good this time around, the breading wasn’t nearly as heavy as it was last year on Enchantment. Oh, and my all-time favorite dessert is the Grand Marnier Souffle. And the tiramisu...and the chocolate brownie cake...and the Key Lime Pie...Oh heck, I just like dessert, period! LOL!

Next day was Cozumel...not much to tell...kind of the same old, same old. We went to Paradise Beach for a little bit, but the water had been churned up and was kind of murky. I heard on line, though, that apparently the water gets that way this time of year, which I didn’t know. Oh well. Afterwards, we went to Carlos and Charlies to get a bite to eat and some drinks, and then did a little shopping.

One more day until back to civilization.

2 comments:

eljay716 said...

your dessert favorites are my dessert favorites!

:Jayne said...

You had too much fun! Yummy desserts! VERY YUMMY!
Love your beach pic too!

:J