Thursday, May 29, 2008

Labadee!

Let me tell you, it’s hard to imagine such a beautiful place in such a poor desolate country. But there it is. Can’t believe that it’s Haiti, but it is. Sad to think that just outside the borders of this place there are people who have nothing more than dirt to survive on.

This is Dragon’s Point, what a great look out spot. So nice.

We had the ship’s barbeque lunch (burgers, dogs, chicken, ribs). Then swam in the warm water for a while. Ahhh...






The locals also have a market set up for you to shop in. One interesting thing, all the things you leave behind, sunglasses, towels, etc, the locals re-sell at the shop. I can't tell you how many used pair of Crocs I saw for sale there. Interesting.


But this place was so nice, we would go again and again.

The next place was Ocho Rios. We went there last year, so we stayed on the ship and enjoyed some time just laying by the pool. I did get up early and went to the Helio Deck to watch Capt. Johnny dock the ship. That was pretty neat.

Well, back to reality for now.

1 comment:

eljay716 said...

I read this last night but I forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed it. thanks