Monday, June 16, 2008

Mornin' Folks!

Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there. Hope everyone had a good day. Sounds like it. We visited DH’s grandfather and had dinner with them, and then his dad stopped by while we were there, so it was a good day.

Dh’s uncle is taking the grandparents on a cruise the first of November. Dh’s dad and step-mom have decided to go to. You see where this is going, don’t you? Well, his uncle has a balcony all to himself, but says in order to do that, he had to pay two fares. I’ve never heard of that. Kip may have to refresh my memory, but I remember the first Hilltop cruise, she was by herself, and she paid a premium, but not double the fare, KWIM? So, I think he’s getting screwed, if they are making him pay for two.

He did offer the extra space to DH if he wanted to go, since it’s already paid for. DH is thinking about it, since it will probably be his grandparents’ last vacation. But, of course, where does that leave me? Probably at the dock, waiving good bye. Yeah, I know, but how can he turn something down if it’s free, ya know? If we could afford both to go, we would, but it’s just not in the budget now. (with all the things we need for the house, patio furniture, new tile, maybe a new microwave, paint of course.) It’s a different itinerary too; it goes to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, but also to Roatan, Honduras, and also to Belize, two places we’ve never been before. But, it will be tight quarters for the two of them, plus his dad will be there. I just don’t see that going down good!

In the meantime, I’ve been on a search for barstools for my lanai. I’m striking out everywhere, I just can’t find anything. I did find a set that wasn’t too bad at a place on Bearss. The cost? $672...A PIECE. No, not for the pair, a piece. Well, I laughed at the woman, and said I’d go elsewhere. She said, “well we have others”. In the $100-$200 range? Uh, no. Buh-Bye. Nothing at Sam’s Club either (although, I found a couple lounge chairs I may go back and get this week). I can’t be the only person who has an outdoor bar, can I? Where do people buy their chairs????

I caught Meet the Press yesterday morning, and saw the Tim Russert tribute. He seemed like such a fair, likeable guy. I feel so bad for his family, my heart goes out to him.

I also tried to watch the Tony Awards last night, as well as Ice Road Truckers. I fell asleep through both. Sigh! I did wake up on time, but I am still so exhausted. It’s so hard to get through the day.

Well, that’s the Monday report. Have a good week!

2 comments:

Scrappin' Jackie said...

i know this sounds crazy (and cheap) but i found a really cute tiki bar and stools at Big Lots.
You might wanna check there.
Jackie

elle said...

hey mar!! i'm all signed in now, so i'll be able to stay in touch:)

if dh can stand it, he should go on the cruise and then you're free to do a few things that you've wanted to do.

we have a bar, but not outdoors. i just bought plain old bar stools, no backs, and added some pretty stool covers. i'm gonna be on the look for bar stolls again though, adding another bar area. i'll keep my eyes open for you. lmk what you find. did you try homegoods?

elle