Monday, May 12, 2008

How was your Mother's Day?

Hope everyone had a Happy Mother’s Day. Dh and I made the rounds, took his mom to Honey’s. They have this “Garbage Plate” loaded with fries and nachos and cheese and chili and chicken, so good. DH and I split it and were full by the time we finished it. Then we brought some wings to his grandmother’s house, and gave her, her gift, and his step-mom dropped by and we gave her, her gift. Gift Cards for everyone this year, just made it easy, with going on vacation next week, and everything being hectic. So, I hope all you moms out there got something special!

You know, I’m still watching CSI, but why I have no idea. You know a show has “jumped the shark”, when one of the characters starts talking about “jumping the shark”. I’m just holding out to see what they are going to do with my Warrick (Gary Dourdan), since he is leaving after this season, and then I am done with it. I haven’t watched Grey’s yet (or Lost), because I recorded them off the HD, and DH has been watching baseball all weekend. How about those Rays by the way? Still takes everything not to say “Devil Rays”, but oh, well!

Well, I am getting ready for my vacation. Did some power shopping at Macy’s on Saturday. Everything 50% off. Got a gorgeous purple sequined top, originally $89, marked down to $11!!! Then I found DH a nice dress shirt (a lavender/salmon cross, hard to describe) at Casual Male for $20. Bargains galore. Another good thing? The boss is leaving for Montana tomorrow and won’t be back until the 28th. YAY!

Hope everyone has a good week.

5 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

Have a great vacation Mary Mary! Don't do anything I wouldn't do...which leaves you lots of latitude! lol

Michele L from Tampa said...

you and your darn finds! wow you just make me green! have a great vacation

Kip said...

well I didn't even know they dropped the Devil from rays, lol!!

:Jayne said...

They aren't the Devil Rays? They still say Devil Rays up here on sports.
HOW bout my Cubbies! Tied for first babeee!
Have fun on your trip!

:J

Mary B said...

Now, Jayne, I can give you some slack. But, Kip, you LIVE here! You're behind the times, girl. LOL! :)