Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm back, did you miss me?

Yeah, I know, not really! LOL!

Just checking in real quick, while DH makes dinner. Enchilada, my favorite, yum!

Well, today is Memorial Day, and I spent it watching, what else? War pictures! They Were Expendable and Best Years of Our Lives for starters. Just a small way to keep in mind the sacrifices 100s of 1000s have made over the years to keep us free.

I also watched Capote. Interesting movie. I liked it, but not sure if I loved it, KWIM?

It's always hard to come back from Vacation and go back to work, but that is what I will have to do. Sigh. We had so much fun.

I do feel like the fashion police. Ever read Glamour Dont's? Boy, do I have some Don'ts!

1) If you are going to wear a white bathing suit, please make sure it's lined.
2) Honey, I know you're young and you want to look cute like the rest of your friends. But big girls like us do NOT wear bikinis. Just don't.
3) I hope you and "Ethan" are still together 40 years from now. Or else that Tramp Stamp is going to look pretty ridiculous around the nursing home, ain't it?
4) Make sure on the last nite, before you put your luggage out, that you keep some normal clothes. Clubbin' clothes at 9am does not look becoming, just slutty.
5) Platform Stillettos and 50 mph winds do NOT mix.
6) NO SPEEDOS!!! This isn't San Tropez or the South of France. I really don't want an outline of the family jewels, if you KWIM? Us Americans have rather, em, delicate sensibilities to things like that.
7) hmmm... not sure if a 4 year old really "knows" what that shirt from Carlos n Charlies really means... And if he does, oh boy!!!!
8) Um...didn't Rat Tails go out around 1989? (And this was on a female!)

Actually, it was a fun week. Got some cute stories to tell, which I will save for later in the week. Here's my favorite DH picture to leave with you...

By the way, if anyone has any cheap photo codes, like from York or Clark or one of those, send it over to me. I've got about 350 pics I need to upload!! TIA!

2 comments:

eljay716 said...

hey I missed you!! loved the pic too.

Michele L from Tampa said...

damn skippy I missed you! so glad your back, and yes all that fashion police we can relate to seeing - saw a bit of that on our cruise.