Tuesday, January 29, 2008

And it's Tuesday..

Has anyone EVER paid $99 for the 2/$99 special at Visionworks? I just want to know. Because I paid way more than that for my two pair last night. Of course, I have to get the Poly ones, because I’m a damn klutz. And the glare resistant, or whatever they’re called. And you have to get the special UV lenses for the sunglasses. $231 later for two pairs. EEK! And that doesn’t include the eye exam. Man, I sure miss not having vision coverage.

Not sure if I’ll make it out to vote today. I have to pick up my glasses at Citrus Park, after 6, and then try and swing back past the house, and I’m not 100% sure I’ll make it in time, but I’ll try. I’m feeling pretty disenfranchised, anyway. And I don’t think the Property Tax Amendment will get 60% (although I’d feel better if I went and made sure, KWIM?) Most people I know are against it. It just isn’t enough to help people out and all it’s going to do is take money from elsewhere for a piddly $20 a month? That’s just not worth it.

Kip and Diana talked me into going to Debbie Schuh’s class at Scraptopia. (Okay, they really didn’t have to talk to me too hard). It looks really neat. I’d actually like to do both classes, but I’m being mindful of my budget. (Aren’t I a good girl?) The lady I spoke to recognized my name, because she is on the Brandon Little League board with our cousin Robbie. Small world, eh?

I really wanted Johnny Weir to win Sunday nite. He’s come along way, and I remember someone asked him during the Grand Prix Final what happened and he said “I grew up”. That’s something to admit. I didn’t care for the interview he gave Sunday, he seemed to revert a little bit back to his “diva” ways. But I got to give some crap to NBC. WTH was up with them putting him and Lysacek on the couch together. It’s well known that these two do not like each other, and all it did was make them look uncomfortable. This is a sporting event, not the freakin’ Dr. Phil show. All NBC managed to do was to sink to a “Jerry Springer” level. UGG!!
Last comment, on the pairs skate, did you all here about the marriage proposal? Well, I thought that was hooey. I’ve seen John Baldwin around for a long time, and he’s a big blowhard. I think it was nothing more than a publicity stunt. I thought for a while there, Rena was going to say no, she didn’t look happy. You can read all about it here: http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/20080127-9999-1s27zeigler.html

1 comment:

Kip said...

It was fun scrapping with you today Mare!