Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Update

Hi all! Just a quick update to wrap up the week. My evaluation went very well. It is rather uneventful, actually. I like that. Uneventful is good. I did increase my revenue by almost 50% and my write-offs stayed at about the same percentage (slightly lower actually). I got a 5% raise for the year AND a BIG bonus. (Well, the biggest one I’ve ever gotten, anyway). Hooray for me!

I am sad as my work buddies keep dwindling. Today is my friend Ellen’s last day. She’s been such a great asset around here and a good friend. But I know she’s going to greener pastures, which we all have to do in life. So I will take her to lunch and wish her well. Part of me wishes I could go with her, but I have to be loyal to Eric. So unless he quits, or something drastic happens, we’ll be stuck with each other.

So, what am I doing with my bonus money? Well, Monday is my eye exam, so I see at least 2 new pairs of glasses in my future. Our vacation is pretty much paid for, and our tax refund will go toward spending money so don’t have to worry about that. Some of it might go to the Best Buy bill (although most of that is DH’s). The rest will probably go to get new tile for the house. We’ll do the kitchen, sunroom, entryway and laundry room. I have no idea what I’m going to get. I know Flooring America is doing a one-year no-interest deal, so maybe I’ll start there. If anyone knows any good tile places/people, give me a holler! I will say moving that washer/dryer is going to be a bitch, because we have issues with our dryer hose. OY! But our house will be so much prettier when we get rid of that ugly linoleum!

I’ll be at Paradise tomorrow cropping the day away. I’m looking forward to it. I’ve got to try and get caught up some. YAY!! I can’t wait.

2 comments:

:Jayne said...

WOOOHOOOOO! Congrats on the bonus! That's something I'll never see.

:J

JulesinParadise said...

Sounds like a good job well done, Miss Mary Mary! Congrats and I miss you!