Monday, January 28, 2008

This Weekend

Good Morning. How is everyone? Did you have a good weekend? I did. Just took it easy a little bit. No crop on Saturday unfortunately, which was a bummer. But, hey, what can you do? So, I putzed around the house some. I bought a new file cabinet for the computer room at Target, but haven’t cleaned the old one out yet, so it’s sitting in the hallway.

DH and I drove to Clearwater to have lunch at Fatburger. YUM! He took the Triple King challenge. And, yep, he ate the whole thing. But they were out of T-shirts. And certificates. Oh, and they can’t take your picture without the T-shirt or the certificate. They’ll call us when they come in. So, he did all that for nothing. Well now that’s a gyp!

Sunday, I met Michele and Cody at Jake’s. They really liked it. Michele thought the burgers at 5 Guys were juicier, but Cody liked Jake’s burgers better. Being burgered out, I opted for a hot dog. But we all got shakes. The real made from milk, milkshakes. Oh, so good!!! YUM!!!! Now, those were to die for.

The US Figure Skating Championships were this weekend, so I spent a large amount of time in front of the TV. You want to hear something funny (or maybe not-so-much). 3 of the 4 top ladies are TOO YOUNG to go to Worlds? How do you like that? So the top spots for the World Team went to the 2nd, 4th, and 7th place finishers. Kimmie Meisner placed 7th and still gets on the World Team? Her performance was horrible. I could understand if she had a great Grand Prix, but she fell apart there, too. What’s to say she’s not going to bomb out at World’s too? Don’t get me wrong, I like Kimmie a lot, she’s a great girl, great personality, but her performances this past year have just been abysmal. I think the girl ahead of her (Katrina Hartner) should have gotten the spot, but USFSA’s argument is that she has no international experience.

I think someone somewhere has to go over the rules again. Dick Button made a good point, the rule was put in place so these young kids don’t blow out their bodies before their time, but they’re doing it anyway! So it’s not stopping anything. If you want to get them to stop killing themselves, then you need to look at the scoring system and the way it works.

Well, I could go on. I’ll save my comments on the men’s event tomorrow.

How about an IPOD update? Right now, we're playing Nelly "It's gettin' hot in here, so take off all your clothes". I wish it were hot, it's been freezing the last few days.

No comments: