Friday, January 4, 2008

Catching up on the New Year...


I was going to wait until tonite and update with some pictures, but it looks like a few of you are jonesing for something to read, so here ya go.

I’m answering Jayne’s High School challenge. Beings that it’s my 20th this year and all. No, I’m not going. I went to the 10th, and to be honest, it was a bore. I had more fun with Joelle’s reunion and seeing all my catholic school friends. (I had to go to public school, in the ’hood, as we were too poor!) I do also have one of those double shots, with the profile, but I can’t find it anywhere. I’m sure my mother still has it. She’s more of a pack rat than I am, if that’s at all possible.

So Happy New Year, everyone!!! How’s it going so far? It’s the 4th, and I’m already behind. Do you believe I haven’t even finished taking the tree down? Sad, sad, sad, I know.

We celebrated New Year’s with Mike and Dawn and about 50 other close friends and family for their 25th Wedding Anniversary. Lots of food, and beer, and sangria. The Drunco girls were well represented. DH’s hockey buddy Al was there and his wife Debbie. We’re going out to LeeRoy’s with them on Saturday nite, with a few of Debbie’s college buddies. We got giftcards for Christmas, so that will really work out well for us!

I always seem to make the same resolutions every year, lose weight, save money, get organized. Do I keep them? Of course not. I must say in the first two categories, I’ve done okay. I’ve been real mindful of what I eat and have tried not to over eat. I’m trying to cut back on snacks and all that stuff, and so far so good.

I also have not used my credit card ONCE this year. Hooray for me! I’m looking good!

Now, on the organization front, eh, not so good. Did I mention my tree is still up? Well, part of that is not getting my ass off the couch on New Years, after partying until 3am. I’m just too old for this! But my room is a catastrophe. Not as bad as it was Christmas Day when you couldn’t see the floor, but still pretty bad. I need to get some sort of order/overhaul in the next week or so started. I want to crop with Hilltop either the 19th or 26th, but I need to FIND my stuff first before I can do anything. Well, we’ll work on that as soon as the tree is down.

I’ll leave you with a thought for the day. DH’s grandfather is a very wise man. He once told me: “There are three sides to every story. Yours, mine and the truth”. Very wise indeed!



3 comments:

:Jayne said...

Very good quote!
Love your picture, thanks for braving it with me! I guess the rest of our friends are still looking for theirs!

:J

eljay716 said...

I love that quote, wise man for sure. Love the picture of you! I know I don't have a year book pic, thank god!! miss you oh and went to the post office last night and took another envelope instead of the one I was suppose to mail to you. Will take it in the morning.. sorry!

Michele L from Tampa said...

Sexy Mary! Sounds like loads of fun, what a way to ring in the new year - so I will let it slide it was not spent with us. great quote! hope to see ya cropping soon!