Wednesday, January 16, 2008

And you are????

Okay, it’s one thing when I get invited to showers of people I know, and you sorta have to go to. But now I’m getting invitations to showers of people I don’t know!!! WTF????

I had no clue who this person was, so I asked DH’s grandmother. Turns out it’s DH’s cousin’s (his grandfather’s nephew) STEP-daughter. Huh???? I’ve never met this person before in my life. There was an email on the invite (love when people do that!) and sent my regrets today. (Sorry, can’t make, oh by the way, who the HELL are you????)

Kip and Teri, here’s a story for you. I’m purging out all my old scrapbook magazines, trying to make some room. I’m flipping through an old issue of CK and all of a sudden, there’s Teri’s face staring at me. Then I see Kip, and then Amy, and Robin, and a few people I didn’t know. WOAH!! Where’d that come from?!?!?

It was from the June ’04 CK, and it was a submission from Chrissy in NPR? (Don’t know her). I guess it was a pic of you all from the old CK board. And I guess before I met you, Kip. (Wasn’t it at the ’04 Creepover in October we met?) How freakin’ cool! I kept the page, btw. For posterity. So if anyone wants to see it, I’ll scan it in.

DH got a new toy this weekend. He bought the 160 gb IPOD. He is in hog heaven, let me tell you. Unfortunately, he is always on the computer loading it up. We have two computers, but the second one doesn’t have internet access. But he’s using the second computer to upload movies, because the first computer is for Itunes and music. (The DVD burner on the first computer doesn’t work.) Don’t ask, too technical. But he is very happy, and the uploading process has been surprisingly smooth.

Another big shocker in the B. household. Angie and Miles are co-existing. I won’t say getting along, because there is still a little hissing here and there, and Angie does retreat to the closet. But we’ve been keeping the doors open and they have been (Well, more Miles, then Angie) going back and forth, and no bloodshed. Hooray!!!!

Lastly what does a 30% off Kohl’s coupon + a $50 giftcard =? A very happy Mary. So, shopping for me tonite, YAY!!!! I like to use up my gc’s right away, because sometimes they charge those stupid fees. I’m using my Citrus Park cards in a few weeks at Vision Works for some new glasses. I lost my sunglasses (again!) and since it’s been more than 2 years since my last exam, I got to make a new appointment. Greaaat! Not!

4 comments:

eljay716 said...

I think that is the Chrissy that works at RR or teaches there. Had the baby boy last year? Have no clue who the shower invite is for! how funny is that. Some people.. they know you are good for good gifts! Have fun shopping.

Teri said...

Yep, that was us! That was an open house that Whim's had. It was the first night that I met Kip, Robin, Amy, Chrissy, Manda, Amy and some others I think. Then Chrissy made a layout and submitted. I kept mine and I even had Tracy White "autograph" that page. Tracy thought it was so cool, about friends meeting from the message board and then getting together! So that is kinda how I got started with everyone!

Mary B said...

I miss Tracy White. It was a shame they let her go. How cool is that!

Michele L from Tampa said...

yeah Mary posted!miss ya!