Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hump Day is Here!

So, I’ve made it half way through the week. Been fairly quiet around here. Football season is effectively over. Bummer. Oh, well, there’s always next year! Storm season starts in March, I always look forward to that. Gives us something to do in the down season.

Next weekend I have to go to a baby shower for one of the “pseudo” cousins. Can’t you tell I’m excited, NOT! I hate these things with a passion. A lot of fake people I don’t even know. But I think the worse part is having to brave Babies R Us this weekend to pick up a gift. I freakin’ hate that place more than anything!!!! I’m going to try the new Toys R Us in Wesley Chapel, according to the website “Babies R Us” is located inside the store, so I don’t know how great the selection is, but if it keeps me from going to the one on Hillsborough, it’s worth a try.

In the meantime, DH has been out for a few days with a bad back. He’s not sure how he did it; it didn’t start until late on Monday. He says he feels better today and will probably go back to work tomorrow. That stinks.

We took our whole tree down on Saturday, and everything is now put away for another year. YAY! It’s sad and happy at the same time. We then met some friends for dinner and watched some of the games, and had a few drinks. Always fun.

Linda pointed to the challenge on Ali’s blog for the word of the year. I think the word for me is going to be balance. Balance between work and home and family and friends, all sorts of them. It’s hard, sometimes I just want to crawl up in a hole away from the world, but I know the more I get out, the happier I am. I’m jonesin’ for the Hilltop Crop on the 26th. I’m hoping to go, and hope a lot of you out there will too! It will be fun to catch up and put my mind to things.

Did you see the new Crop-a-dile II? Oh my, isn’t that the coolest? I’m curious how heavy it is, though, that’s my only concern. But I think it will make a nice addition to my other Crop-a-dile, don’t you?

I’ll leave you with a rendition of “What’s playing on my Ipod now?” It is Pop Life by Prince. Those are good, wake up and work songs! Hehe!

5 comments:

eljay716 said...

use them free crops!! The 26th will be fun being back out there. Love your word, its a good one. Never heard of the song, but does that surprise you?? LOL

Scrappin' Jackie said...

ya know u can buy BRU gift cards at Publix and save yourself the hassle of braving that store.
Jackie

:Jayne said...

I love your word! I didn't think of that one. Linda won't share hers.
Wish I could crop the 26th with y'all. I guess I'll hold out til WR.
What's this free crop stuff? How does one get free crops? LOL!

:J

Mary B said...

Jayne, when you spend $200 in merchandise (I think it's $200), you get a free crop. Ask Diana Becker. I think she has, like, 50 on file. LOL!

JulesinParadise said...

Morning Mary Mary, can't wait to see you again! Crop fever? Oh yeah baby!