Monday, October 22, 2007

Hello World

Well, got to say, this weekend was pretty boring. I spent most of the weekend, playing catch-up and got most of it done. Did almost all of the house cleaning. Just have to finish dusting and mopping. Fun! Put away most of the stuff in my room, and even got DH to hang my Heidi canvas.

Caught up on my TV watching. You know, I don’t care what they say about ER, it’s still a great show. I still don’t tire of it, even with the change of characters and such. Heck, even Archie has grown on me. And my Luka comes back. Yay!!! (swoon, swoon).

I tried to watch that Viva Laughlin show. I think it’s an okay show. But you got to get rid of that break out into song crap. The show totally doesn’t need it, and you are turning off more viewers I think. So that one gets a pass.

And what do you think about the new "Women's Murder Club"? The first episode was so/so, but the second one was a lot better. I'm taking a wait and see with that one. I have a feeling it will be good.

Heck, even CSI was pretty good last week. The premise was a little hokie, but they played it out well. I’m still sick of the Sara/Grissom thing, but it was only one scene, really. Even the annoying new girl wasn’t as annoying.

Watched a lot of football. Bummed that the Bulls had to drop so far in the polls, but if they run the table, they still may have a chance. I think anyone does. And I think Ohio State’s going to fall sooner or later. Go Gators!! Great game that was. Lots of excitement. And what happened to the Bucs? Wasn’t that sad? They had every opportunity to win and blew it. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite them in the end.

Oh, I went to the HomeGoods grand opening on Sunday. Neat store, I like it a lot. Spent about $70, mostly little odds and ends. A few picture frames, some cutting boards, some Christmas-y things. But seeing as it is owned by TJ Maxx, I give it six weeks to look like a dump. If it doesn’t I will be pleasantly surprised. But I’m at the point where I don’t even shop at Ross or TJ Maxx anymore because the stores all look like a bomb went off in them, you can never find what you want. When I worked at Marshalls back in the day (which is now owned by TJ Maxx as well) we were not allowed to leave that store until it was in cleaned up. I remember a few late nites during our grand opening week. (10 or 11 pm, when the store closed at 9:00). How’s that saying go: Good help is hard to find nowadays.

Well, back to the salt mines. Let’s see how long this week drags on. (Aren’t they all, until the weekend?)

3 comments:

Michele L from Tampa said...

i love Jim estes every since Melrose place - so him on that show got me watching! Yes good help is hard to find - extreamly hard!

Kip said...

Our Home Goods always looks immaculate in St. Pete and I love that store!

JulesinParadise said...

I love Home Goods...there was one up the street from me in Ft.Myers and one in Clearwater near the Fresh Market...always clean and new stuff comes often. Hope they keep yours nice!