Monday, October 8, 2007

Good Morning

Awww...what a nice weekend I had. Sure, it probably would have been nicer to meet TIM!!! But it was a good one all the same.

I’ll try to upload some pics tonite for you all to see. I tried to do it yesterday morning before I got back, but couldn’t figure out how to do it. Let me just say, I do not like Windows Vista. I dread the day I need to buy a new computer because I just don’t want it!!!

The party was great, the kids were awesome, and saw A LOT of the old gang. And then afterwards a bunch of us hung out at Tracy and Tom’s to watch the game. That was NOT fun. Okay, well the hanging out part was. But the game wasn’t.

Had some great Haitian food at the party, and my favorite cake from the Haitian bakery. Now, I know a lot of you are not familiar with Haitian cake, but it is very dense, similar to a pound cake, with some extra spices and a hint of lemon. And the frosting is very light and not overly sweet. YUMMMO!!!! I have no idea where in Tampa to get anything like this, so when I do get it, it is a special treat!

Got a few hours in walking around Sawgrass before I got home. I got a Fossil watch for $20! And a few things from the Gap Outlet. Also got DH some stuff, too, as the VF Factory outlet always carries big sizes. I got him some jeans for $14 and a pair of khakis for the next cruise for $12. Hope they fit, for those prices it just is not worth the drive, even to Ellenton to take them back. (Although, Ellenton has the Coach outlet, hmmm, let me think about that one...)

Still no car, btw! I got into it with the body shop guy on Friday and made them upgrade me to another SUV (for no extra charge). I’m driving a Honda Pilot, which is okay. Don’t get me wrong, I like Honda, the engines are really good. But they are skimpy on the extras. I didn’t even have an input jack for my MP3 player. Yeah, I know, I’m spoiled. They say I’ll get my car back today, but I’ve been hearing that every day since Tuesday.

Well, I’ll post more, when I have more photos. It’s so much fun to see everyone and all their kids.

1 comment:

eljay716 said...

glad you are home- we missed you Saturday. See you in a few days!