Friday, March 28, 2008

Well.....

All right, all right, you guys have been good! And I know some of you are going away, sailing the deep blue! (yes, yes, I’m jealous. If it weren’t for these new stupid IRS laws, and having to certify all my plans by April 1st, I’d be right there with you. Why do cruises always end up in the middle of tax season/birthday season?)

So, this week, I did something. I did something completely insane, crazy, whatever you want to call it. Something totally and completely out of my comfort zone. I signed up for this:

http://singliveusa.com/

Yes, that’s right, run for the hills, because, yours truly will be on stage in front of hundreds of people. Why did I sign up for this? Temporary insanity, I must say.

It all started innocuously enough with a small newspaper ad in the Sunday paper looking for people who wanted to sing. I showed DH. He says “go for it”.

I said, “But what if they don’t like me?”
“Why wouldn’t they like you?”
“What if they don’t like the way I sound?”
“But it says No Experience Necessary, and you have plenty of that”“What if I make a fool of myself? I haven’t done anything like this since college!”
“OY! You’re not going to make a fool of yourself, you’re better than that”

So, I went to the orientation session and signed up. Of course, there were people there who already knew each other, and sang together, either in church choirs, or Sweet Adelines (the barbershop group). But there were there some who weren’t doing any of that. And the director was really good at making everyone feel comfortable and that this is just for fun!

The first rehearsal/orientation is April 21st, with the big show at TBPAC on July 12th. (Yes, for those brave souls who want to witness, we will have tickets for sale.) So, I’m excited, but scared!!! I actually have about 9 days to change my mind (and get my registration fee back). But nope, I’m going for it. Wish me luck, and pray I don’t fall on my face. ACK!!!! What am I thinking!?!?!?!?

5 comments:

Teri said...

ok, Mar, we will get "the gang" all together to watch you! Sounds like fun! I admire your bravery!

eljay716 said...

holey moley Mar that is fantastic! I am so excited for you! I have it on my calendar already. I have heard you sing and I know you will be great!!

Scrappin' Jackie said...

congrats mary. what an accomplishment.
good luck.
btw, u have been tagged. check out my blog for the rules.
Jackie

Ginni C. said...

Very cool! If I wasn't still battling with my arm I'd come and join you. This sounds like a lot of fun! Count me in for tickets!!!! And I'll be watching your blgo for updates.

dawn said...

Very cool! You'll do great.