Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday on my mind!

Oh happy day! Tomorrow is March 15th, and the corporate tax deadline will have come and gone. Well, theoretically, it’s actually Monday, but let’s face it: If you are calling me on Monday because you are just now starting your client’s taxes...well, you’re SOL!

We had a little celebration of sorts at my buddy Mike’s house. He was showing off his new deck, and his yard, which is looking very good right now. I finished off a bottle of Chardonnay, and hit the sack about 9:30. So, I missed the last half of Lost. I’ll have to catch the rest when I get home tonite.

Today for lunch we’re going to my favorite Thai/Sushi place downtown. I haven’t been since my birthday, so I’m really looking forward to it. It’s so good!!! I see a crunchy shrimp roll in my immediate future.

My horoscope said this week not to do any shopping. Which I didn’t. I’m glad, too, because I just paid a butt-load of bills today. How do those things sneak up on my so fast?

I got an invitation for the kids’ birthday next week. On Thursday. At 11:30 am. Yes, that’s right on a THURSDAY. My (not-so) brilliant SIL scheduled the party during Spring Break. (It was the only time she could get, she says). Obviously, DH and I can’t just take off work just to go to a birthday party. It would be nice if people on that side realize that unlike them, we actually HAVE to work for a living. It is not optional. So, I don’t know what we are going to do. She says we’re having DH’s birthday on the 22nd, so I guess I’ll give them their gifts then when I see it.

Okay, getting political for just a brief minute. Now, I am an Obama supporter, I will admit that. I don’t think that’s really news to anyone who knows me. But have you heard the latest stuff from his preacher of 20 years? All the racist, hatred speak, similar to a Farrakhan or a Sharpton? And this is someone he’s used as a spiritual advisor? Makes me very leery. I mean, that’s one of the reasons I can’t stand the Shrub is because of his closeness with the Evangelicals. Wouldn’t it be hypocritical to support someone who has aligned themselves with someone who sprouts off (albeit differently) a similar sort of ignorance and hatred?

BTW, Eric, the resident actuary says “Happy Pi Day!” http://www.piday.org/ Such geeks we are, ROFL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

See here or here