Thursday, March 6, 2008

Venting ahead...

Vent for the day: Your granddaughter doesn’t really know us. I’ve talked to her maybe once in my life, and DH hasn’t really seen her since she was a little kid. She only invited us to her wedding because you made her! It’s really not going to matter if we don’t go. It’s HER wedding. For her “close” family and her friends. Not her third cousins twice removed. Trust me; I’m sure her and her mother (who isn’t even married to your son anymore) will breathe a sigh of relief because that’s 3 $100 dinners they are not going to have to shell out. In other words, they DON’T CARE! They will get the little invite cards and at the most say “oh, gee, too bad” and move on. Only YOU will make a federal case out of it, and tell us what horrible people we are for not going, and how embarrassed YOU are. GET OVER YOURSELF!!!

Oh, another vent. I’m making a new law. No old people should be allowed on the highways between 4 and 7 pm. Every other car I look into and there are all these blue-hairs. (Driving in the left lane, below the speed limit, of course.) Where could they possibly be going? Don’t they have early bird specials next to the condos? I don’t get it. The roads are clogged enough with all the construction, just stay home.

Oh, and speaking of construction. Whose bright idea was it to work on 275 AND Gandy at the same time? Blocking both ways out of St. Pete into Tampa, to where it takes an hour just to get anywhere? And what happens if, God forbid, a hurricane hits this summer, and Pinellas needs to evacuate? Oh, but wait, we’ve got lanes closed due to construction. Way to go FDOT!!!

Boy, three vents in one day, can’t you tell how my week is going? LOL! Hope yours is a far sight better than mine.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Mary, Have no fear, I just heard on the radio that by the year 2025, our commutes will be 30% longer! WOW, something to look forward to! I sure hope I can graduate before then!

eljay716 said...

wow Mar I think we need a beer! I sure could use one and my day didn't have a car involved. Dang MIL will not get it through her head ya'll ain't going to the wedding will she?? Go hug a kitty until we can talk over a cold one.

Michele L from Tampa said...

it must be in the air!