Wednesday, November 28, 2007

What's New...

Hey there! Dropped the baby off this morning. She was so good. I’m sure she’ll be fine, DH will pick her up this afternoon when she’s finished. Her brother on the other hand, uggg!!! Miles decided to play “escape artist” when I walking out to load her in the car. Miles and Ginger both have been doing this all week. It was hell trying to get all the Christmas stuff out.

I spent the early part of the day on Saturday at Miss Linda’s. It’s good to see everybody and just hang out with the girls. I made onion dip, and played with Boo-Boo and Sasha. (Yes, Michele, Boo-Boo loves ME!!! ME!!! Hahahahaha!)

By request, here is my recipe:


2 medium sweet onions, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
1 pkg. (6 oz.) KRAFT Hickory Smoked Pasteurized Process Swiss and Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup KRAFT Mayo Real Mayonnaise
1/4 cup OSCAR MAYER Real Bacon Bits
1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (optional)
1/4 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
WHEAT THINS Snack Crackers
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix onion, process cheese, mayo, bacon bits and hot pepper sauce until well blended.
SPOON into lightly greased 1-quart baking dish or 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
BAKE 15 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve as a hot dip with crackers.

Well, that’s the official Kraft recipe, anyway... A few things to note: I can almost NEVER fine the Kraft Hickory Smoked cheese in the stores down here, so I take a hunk of cheddar, a hunk of swiss, and shred about 6 oz of EACH. (I’m a big believer in the more cheese the better. I am a true cheese-a-holic!!!) I also almost always leave the bacon bits out, since I know Miss Elle can’t have them.

And some big news! I know we all love Luxe designs, well they are coming out with some groovy Christmas kits starting on Dec. 3rd (The day before my birthday, if anyone is so inclined. :P ) Here’s the link:

http://blog.luxedesigns.com/livingtheluxelife/2007/11/an-announcement.html?cid=91332262#comment-91332262

2 comments:

eljay716 said...

omg I was so worried I had told Miss Elle she could eat your dip and then saw it had bacon bits. I am so glad you had left them out. I would feel really terrible.
I hope Melody is better fast. look what happens when I miss your blog- you never post 2 days in a row!!

Michele L from Tampa said...

Boo is mine back off - loves me! lol Just missed me since I was not there wink wink