Monday, November 19, 2007

Mr. Fix-It?!?!?!?

Men!! Ackk! They just don’t know how to say no, or when to admit the job is too big, can they?

Let me preface this by saying DH is NOT a handy man. He’s just not made that way. My refrigerator is leaking. It started about Thursday or Friday. On Sunday, we moved the fridge out to see what was leaking. DH determines that it is the filter, but let’s tighten it up in the meantime. So, we get a new filter at Lowe’s. Come home to a flooded kitchen. Great. Okay, put the new filter on, but it’s not the filter leaking, it’s the tubing. Go to Home Depot and get new copper tubing. Fine, that’s fixed. A little while later, it’s STILL leaking.

The fitting for the faucet won’t go on right. The copper is flimsier than the original tubing we take off. We borrow pipe cutters from the neighbors to make a new fitting. It’s still not working. Now we need another kind of tubing. And now, a few minute fix has taken over 24 hours. Did I mention DH is not a handy man? Yeah, I thought so.

So, when does he admit defeat and call a professional? Your guess is as good as mine? We also had shower issues as well. A leaky faucet which does appear to be fixed, but a clogged drain which appears not to be. Yeah, we’ll check on that one later as well. Men!

Melody has a lump on her belly as well. She seems fine, it’s just under the skin and it’s not bothering her. As a matter of fact, the lump seems smaller today then it did on Saturday. But she will be visiting Dr. Bonneville next week just to make sure. Poor baby. But like I said, she’s totally normal, eating, drinking, playing, doing her business. She even had a stare-down with Miles Saturday night, which leads me to think it can’t be too serious. Let’s hope so.

One positive thing, we hit Sam’s Club yesterday, and $250 later (Egads!) we made a good dent in the Christmas shopping. We got some pretty things, and some little things for the girls. I, like Linda, also left with a magazine (Taste of Home Christmas, I think) and the new Rachel book. And a few other stock up things (Velveeta, since we make huge batches of dip this time of year, a new broom, other little odds and ends.) So, that’s some pressure off there. DH says “We should do this every year”. Uh, yeah I try too, but you’re the one who won’t get your butt out of bed. Sigh! Men! Does it end?

Now, what the heck am I making for Thanksgiving? I’m tired of Pumpkin Roll, and it seems to get lost in the desert shuffle anyway. DH said Spinach dip, but that’s boring, and Pam usually makes Artichoke dip anyway. I thought about Onion dip, but that’s too close to Artichoke dip, but I may make some anyway for the McCoy’s house. It’s actually Josh’s favorite, but he won’t be with us this year, he’ll be back in Birmingham with his in-laws, I’m sure. (Or maybe I can be bribed to bring to Linda’s on Saturday? Any takers?) Decisions, Decisions? If you have a suggestion, send it along. I’m open to everything.

2 comments:

Scrappin' Jackie said...

I have the EASIEST yummiest recipe for a cheesy/spinachy dip in a crock pot. LMK if ya want the recipe.
Jackie

eljay716 said...

bring it! I love it too. And I am hungry right now!