Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hi Gang!

Did everyone have a good Turkey day? I know I did! Had lots of feasts. And brought home plenty of leftovers. Which I didn’t really eat. Not sure why, I guess I just wasn’t feeling the love on the leftovers. I didn’t have a craving for them. As a matter of fact, I really didn’t eat that much over the weekend, a turkey sandwich on Friday, some Onion Dip on Saturday, Quiznos on Sunday. I did have a snack attack yesterday, and had doughnuts and pizza. Now that’s real healthy, now isn’t it?

Well, now for the big news. My little Melody has a tumor in her mammary. They did a needle biopsy yesterday, and it did show cancerous cells. That’s the bad news. The good news is, it has not spread, her x-rays were clear, and they are going to remove the tumor tomorrow. At that point, they will send it off to pathology who will determine if it’s something that could come back and we have to watch out for, or something that’s gone for good. The docs said it was extremely rare to see breast cancer in a spayed female, and they hardly ever see it, so it will be studied “academically” they told me. I did read up on it on Google (of course), and it says that having cats spayed BEFORE their first heat reduces the incidences, well, she was already in heat when we found her, so that was the first strike. And for some unknown reason, Siamese breeds seem to have higher incidences as well, so being a Siamese mix is strike two. Then the third strike is her age (we estimate between 10-12). But she is healthy and Dr. Keene (love that man!) said if it had spread, she would show symptoms (lethargy, not eating, losing weight) and she has none! She’s also having her teeth cleaned, as well, and I told DH, she will probably come home with a cone-head, so she’s going to love us, I just know it. Sigh, poor baby. Well, her dignity will come back, I am sure.

I have to tell you of the coup I pulled off at Michael’s on Sunday. Diana bought one of those Memory Makers carousels with her coupon on Saturday. They are really cool looking, just like something you’d pay $80 for at Pottery Barn. So, 9am, Sunday morning, I head over to Mike’s and go right for the end cap. They had 5 left. 4 of the 5 had busted corners. On the 5th one, one of the little dividers had broken off, but it was something that could easily be fixed with some wood glue.

Well, as luck would have it, the district manager was there, and I showed him my dilemma. He knew, and he was sorry, and offered to give it to me at the coupon price. I said, I’ll tell you what, I already have one coupon, but if you give me another one, I’ll be happy. He said sure, just use the one you have twice. I was cool with this, since I wanted to buy the PaperTrends holiday book, as well.

Well, I think the cashier misunderstood him, (or maybe I did, who knows). She rang it up with the 40% off, which brought it to $23.99. Then she took ANOTHER 40% off of that price, so the grand total for my tool carousel (normally priced $40?)...$14.39. Woo-hoo!

I have more shopping tales, and tales from the weekend, but I’ll leave that for the rest of the week. My time flies, when you are having fun!

2 comments:

Scrappin' Jackie said...

Dr. Keene rocks as does Dr. Cutie Pie.
Sure hope the kitty is 110% soon.
Jackie

Mary B said...

I *heart* Dr. Cutie-Pie!!!! He wasn't there. Did you know Dr. LaDue is Dr Keene's Father-in-Law? I didn't either, until my MIL told me yesterday.