Thursday, November 15, 2007

Black Friday? Are you ready?

Well, thanks to Blackfriday.com, I have started to map out my shopping for next Friday. Looks like the same as last year, with few exceptions.

First stop, Macy’s, they open at 6 AM! They typically have their Xmas shop 50% off from 6-8, and that’s always the first place I hit. I’ll hit a few of the doorbusters in housewares, as well, for family gifts.

If I have time, I may hit a few more stores, specifically Children’s Place, they usually do a big 40% off sale that day too. But I got to watch my time? Why? Because next stop is....

RUBAN ROUGE! 50, I said 50!!!! Percent off between 8 and 10 am! YES I AM SHOUTING, THAT IS WAY EXCITING!!!! Also, if you spend $100, FREE QUICKUTS!!!! I don’t even have any Quickcuts, but if I get there on time, I may start now!!! WHOOOPEEEEEE!!!!! Can you believe that? Okay, I’m hyperventilating now...

I’m sure I’ll meet up with some of you girls and then, on to the next few stores. Probably Target and Kohl’s, depending on the ads. Target is an annual stop, always gotta get their toy deals. This is the first year for Kohl’s. I’ll be looking for clothes mostly for the kids and for me, and maybe a few holiday things.

And that will round out my shopping day! I’m usually done by noon. Yeah, really, noon. Ask DH! The rest of the day will consist of eating leftovers, napping, and then setting up the Xmas tree and opening up all the ornament boxes.

I will list a few places I will NOT touch with a ten-foot pole. Wal-Mart! Those women are crazy and the stuff they push is crap. Best Buy! Unless it’s something DH really, really wants, that line is wayyyy too long. Forgettaboutit!!!! Toys R US! Same as Wal-Mart, I can’t see them having anything I can’t get on a normal day at Target or Wal-Mart.

Pathetic, I know. But I live for this. Why? Who knows? An obsession, I guess. If you know me, you know I almost never pay full price for ANYTHING!!! Big Ticket, Small Ticket, doesn’t matter, the thrill is in the hunt.

It takes a good attitude, comfortable shoes and a lot of caffeine, but Black Friday CAN be DONE!! :)

2 comments:

Kip said...

If I was over in Tampa, I'd go with you just to see the action!

Michele L from Tampa said...

man that sounds like a plan. i will need to check out the ads so I can see if there is anything I can get the kids. but I have been spending way to much this weekend