Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rain, rain go away...

Well, dang, we go from feast to famine around here. For weeks, we’ve had nothing but oppressive heat. Now the sky’s have opened up and have dumped a gallon of rain on us for the last few days. Horrible rain, with lightning and thunder, and even a tornado near by. And to top it off, I had a client meeting to go to, too. Ack!!!

I had to drive up to Dunedin, with some wacky Google map directions that got me in the complete wrong direction. Sometimes you just need to say the hell with technology, and just go with your gut. If I had done that, I would have gone straight up 19, and it would taken me half the time. Okay, now for the rest of the story. I had to pee really, really bad. And I just can’t go in someone else’s office, it’s just a weird thing for me. So, lo and behold, there’s JoAnn’s right next door. What a coinky-dink? Right? Hehe! I was very good, I’ve got to go on a spending moratorium, since I have two trips in July. The only thing I bought was the Debbie Mum travel paper pack on sale for $12.00. OMG, is it cute??? Lots of glittery pages, and there are beach, and cruise, and something that looks like a winery type page. LOVE IT!!



The weekend was great. It was the Hilltop Birthday crop, where we bring out our air mattresses and just have a big slumber party. I had a great time catching up and hanging out with my crew. We were missing quite a few familiar faces, though...Stacey and Michelle, Jules, Miss Elle, Diana, Lauri, Lori L., just to name a few....

Linda always puts on a big spread. Some of my faves, too, like fried chicken. And her egg salad is awesome, I’ll have to get the recipe for that. I finished the boys albums, yay me!!! And I did a whole Bo Bunny kit album, that is for summer. The colors go perfectly with the pics I took in the H20 zone on the cruise. I think they will look fabulous. And I just ordered all my pics, too, with a Clark coupon.

Speaking of Miss Linda, I replicated her baked ziti last night. Except, DH likes pepperoni so much, I threw some of that in too. DH already had the meat cooked for me when I got home, or else I would have thrown some onions and garlic in there too. But it was still very tasty.

So, it’s Thursday, but it’s like a Friday to me. Listening to some tunes on Pandora. Some alt.country/folk type stuff that y’all have probably never heard of. Yay! I’m hanging out with some co-worker buddies tonight at our friend Deb’s house. Tomorrow, I have major laundry and house cleaning to do, and run to the store for BBQ on Saturday. Hopefully it will clear up and I’ll get some pull time in, right? Every one have a happy Fourth!!

1 comment:

:Jayne said...

It was a great birthday crop. Can't wait to see you next weekend too! Have a great 4th!